• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crewe Matchday Thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We very much held our own against them at their place, going ahead very early with a Moxey goal after a corner. They equalised immediately after Sparkes was taken off for Martin. Sounds funny but I'd be happy with a point again tonight, if we can't win it.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would Spoonz, JW or ANOther have any idea about tickets sold, estimated crowd?
The game was postponed from a Saturday and Tuesday evening attendances are always lower with a benchmark of +/- 3.5K. However seat sales are looking better than usual for midweek, unsurprisingly given the importance of the game. If we get close to 4K that would be a decent number, over 4K would be excellent and the weather is currently looking OK.

No idea how many Crewe will bring; fewer than on a Saturday, for sure. The only asked for seats so are not expecting s bumper turnout.

BTW,

Last Saturday was over 1,000 better than the pre-season forecast, boosted by nearly 600 Scouts, but home attendances are running over 400 per game better generally.

CWH-NYC_

Early morning here but nervous as can be already, no chance of a pre-match pint either. 3 points please and don't get caught out by a long ball over the top or a header at the back post!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
That looks like it's going to be a quagmire at the end of the game! Although if Crewe are more of a passing team than ourselves, then actually it's advantage us.
As long as we do not have any rain it should play ok.
Bright sunshine on it at the moment with a nice drying breeze.

IndoMike

The game was postponed from a Saturday and Tuesday evening attendances are always lower with a benchmark of +/- 3.5K. However seat sales are looking better than usual for midweek, unsurprisingly given the importance of the game. If we get close to 4K that would be a decent number, over 4K would be excellent and the weather is currently looking OK.

No idea how many Crewe will bring; fewer than on a Saturday, for sure. The only asked for seats so are not expecting s bumper turnout.

BTW,

Last Saturday was over 1,000 better than the pre-season forecast, boosted by nearly 600 Scouts, but home attendances are running over 400 per game better generally.
Thanks for the info, JW.
I remember when we played Wycombe at home at night January or maybe February 2017 (we won 4-2) and I'm pretty sure the attendance was around 4.6k. So I was hoping we might get 4.5k for this one, but you are there on the ground and I'm not.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the info, JW.
I remember when we played Wycombe at home at night January or maybe February 2017 (we won 4-2) and I'm pretty sure the attendance was around 4.6k. So I was hoping we might get 4.5k for this one, but you are there on the ground and I'm not.
31 January 2017. It was actually 3,656

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I've got my maths right that works out at very roughly 100 000 pounds more income than we were expecting. And hopefully if we stay in the promotion race than crowds will be even more above the original estimates.

IndoMike

31 January 2017. It was actually 3,656
Was it? I was sure it was well over 4k.
It was a great atmosphere and a great game, too. If I remember correctly Ollie came on and scored a blinder. Grant played well too on the left wing.
Regarding Ollie, I might be getting confused with the Crewe home game at about the same time, which we won 4-0.

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

This perhaps was a game we could have afforded to lose.

After Crawley however, this is more like a must win.

It's time they show their mettle.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was it? I was sure it was well over 4k.
It was a great atmosphere and a great game, too. If I remember correctly Ollie came on and scored a blinder. Grant played well too on the left wing.
Regarding Ollie, I might be getting confused with the Crewe home game at about the same time, which we won 4-0.
Thats the game. Wheeler scored one and made one, Troy Brown and Grant scored too, Ollie came on and scored a solo goal in added time.