• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crewe Matchday Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cannot make the scene tonight so best of luck to the lads.

UTC

David Treharne

It's 8c, and (whisper it quietly!) the sun is out, and out of the breeze it feels fairly warm. The wind is SSW and blowing around 1-2. There's 60% blue sky at the moment, but there have been moments in the last two hours when there's been 100% grey cloud cover. We had 3mm of rain in the 24 hours to 10:00. The barometric pressure is steady, but not rising, which suggests that during the day there will be some rainfall. My worry is for the pitch, when it will have been rolled flat in the area that's cut up in front of the IP stand, and doesn't get any real sunshine, so remains wet. I guess that the ground staff will hope there's no significant rain during the day. I'll up date around 17:00 unless we have a sudden burst of totally inclement weather in the meantime.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A tough test against a real promotion contender. We'll know better what our own chances of success are by tonight, the conditions will play a big part too. It's the time for the senior players to carry us through and as such I'm going for a narrow win, Big Nige and Jake vying for MoM and the winner from Nicky Law. COYR !!

Oldsmobile-88

No surface water on the pitch unlike last Saturday a few hours before KO.09053F09-07F9-4B8C-B894-521BC5F9F560.jpeg

Boyo

No surface water on the pitch unlike last Saturday a few hours before KO.View attachment 1751
That looks like it's going to be a quagmire at the end of the game! Although if Crewe are more of a passing team than ourselves, then actually it's advantage us.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Whatever happens really hope City have intensity from the first whistle and not just the last 10 minutes!

denzil

Yes at them from the kick off to the final whistle. If we wait until the last 20 minutes (like Saturday) we could be too far behind...……..

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever happens really hope City have intensity from the first whistle and not just the last 10 minutes!
Good point. Keeping focused and concentration levels up for the entire 90+ minutes is vital too, no daft early or late goals conceded this evening please chaps.

IndoMike

Would Spoonz, JW or ANOther have any idea about tickets sold, estimated crowd?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I anticipate this being a battle. I will go for a starting XI of;

(Gk) Ward
(Rwb) Richardson
(Rcb) Sweeney
(Cb) A. Martin
(Lcb) Parkes
(Lwb) Williams
(Rcm) Collins
(Cm) Atangana
(Lcm) Jay
(Att) Rowman
(Att) L. Martin

Subs; (Gk) Thompson, (Lcb) Moxey, (Lwb) Dickenson, (Rcm) Taylor, (Lcm) Law, (Att) Fisher, (Att) Ajose.