• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
But, surely, you have to agree that, if he had only been a lot, lot taller, their glovesman should have saved it? ;)
Speaking of which; I did notice that when their keeper and Pym shook hands on the halfway line, he looked a head taller than our boy! If Pym's 6'0, their bloke must have been around 6'9"!

STURTZ

You should have seen the bloke marking Matt Jay, now that was comical! Talk about a team of "monsters" Colchester had some enormous players. On this occasion the little blokes won, if they had scored first it might have been a difficult match, but when they had to come at us their defence was too ponderous and we took advantage.

Alistair20000

Speaking of which; I did notice that when their keeper and Pym shook hands on the halfway line, he looked a head taller than our boy! If Pym's 6'0, their bloke must have been around 6'9"!
Matey is actually 6’ 11’ Pate. [tap]

Alistair20000

As you'll see, the ExeWeb electorate are still irrevocably divided on that part of The Volley Referendum.

But, surely, you have to agree that, if he had only been a lot, lot taller, their glovesman should have saved it? ;)
Can we have a People’s Vote in view of the divided views of the Exeweb Referendum ?

We have so much more information now.

IndoMike

Hate to say it but Moxey is right.
He's right about the volley, but Bill and I are right about the half-volley (please see the extract above). We have rested our cases and now it's up to the jury. They told me they agree with us and said thanks for the tenner. So there.

Colesman Ballz

In their respective columns in the Express & Error, both Stuart James and Dean Moxey, describe "that" Jay goal as a half volley ! Make what you will out of that peeps ! :)

STURTZ

My take is that a ball caught on the full is a volley, a ball kicked as the ball touches the ground is a half volley, Jays goal was just a shot, but a very good one!

Andy Holloway

My take is that a ball caught on the full is a volley, a ball kicked as the ball touches the ground is a half volley, Jays goal was just a shot, but a very good one!
Oh do keep up, that was last week, we played Notts Co today and came home with all the spoils, how about celebrating that instead of keeping a redundant thread going?

STURTZ

Yippee!

Law's goal was a diving header with pike.

fred binneys head

I’ve watched the replay loads and still don’t know why Law chose to head it and not volley it!