• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Cheltenham Town LD2 Official Match Day Thread. 16/11/19

AndrewP

7 and a half hours from Leamington Spa to Exeter......... Painful but here now - make it worth the effort chaps....

ps. Hope the young lady makes a full recovery.....Head injurys i understand

Legohead

Banned
7 and a half hours from Leamington Spa to Exeter......... Painful but here now - make it worth the effort chaps....

ps. Hope the young lady makes a full recovery.....Head injurys i understand
I feel your pain. When I came down from Yorkshire for the Plymouth game on the Friday before it took me around 8 hours too. Didn't get out of my car until the services at Bridgwater and that was after 6 hours. Still the rout of Argiggle was worth it. Hope you enjoy the game after all that!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
In Oxford today avoiding the argyle invasion of Stroud. We will need to be near our best today, ' nam are a good side.

IndoMike

A very attacking line-up imo. Looks like 4-4-2 to me with Jay an attacking midfielder.
At least we have two big strikers to nod on the crosses from Williams and Sparkes.
However, concerned that so many changes will disrupt our flow and leave us a bit too open
Could be a big win or big defeat
Let's just farking go for it

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lovely sunshine over SJP Hope the team gives the fans something to shout about again. Come on you Reds!!

IndoMike

Lovely sunshine over SJP Hope the team gives the fans something to shout about again. Come on you Reds!!
Ant. Sorry to bother you during the match. Any attendance estimate?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surprised Bowman is playing? Needs to have a good game today.
I think it makes more sense to drop L Martin than him. Bowman does a lot of work for the team and provides a contrast to the ball players. Obviously we'll miss Nicky Law creatively but Matt Jay defends that space better than him and I would estimate has a better pass completion rate than Law but of course Law takes more risks on the ball, sometimes to great effect.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a decent crowd

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's been talk that we have a stronger squad this season. This match should tell us something about how strong it is.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have been inside their half since the start. Randell as usual seeing plenty of the ball. We're attacking the Big Bank so a goal would lift the crowd a lot. Sparkes was just pushed over while trying to cross but nothing given. The game could get quite messy if this ref keeps ignoring clear fouls. We're hitting Bowman a lot in the air, only occasionally to good effect.