• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Abysmal is harsh, Denz. Thought we a playing ok but lacking the nouse or composure in the final third
If we got the ball in the final 3rd more often we might find some nouse. No wonder everyone panics when they get near the goal

JGrecian23

Very boring. We haven't been as bad as some of the games, but it certainly isn't good enough for me.

Jules back in defence for attacking set pieces again ******* me off. Did he watch Reading?!

Mr Jinx

Poor man’s Bowman
I'd have one of those

Grecian Max

We’ve been the better side on the ball, but nothing to show for it and I’d argue they’ve had the two best chances of the game. Our defence likes to open up at random points.

Harris looked lively. Felt like we started pretty well and then slipped into our usual patterns… so far.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The sun goes down on ...

Attachments

CraigECFC

Not all that happy with possession and controlling the game. Any team who’s watched any of our performances in the last 3 months will plan to let us have possession. Created some half chances that highlighted the need for a goal scoring striker more than anything.

Carlisle really are poor so hopefully we can break them down! Pull back cross from Rankine to Harris will be the way to score.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent performance between both boxes but apart from the first 5 minutes we haven’t really done enough to create a clear cut chance.

We lack any width on the left hand side which is where there is quite a lot of space so would like to see Wildschut come on at some point, maybe for Aitchison or Cox.

Harris started so well and faded a little but is always looking to get into the box and is a threat. Looks a very good signing. As we’ve known since September 1st we are missing an out and out Forward.

Hopefully the nerves don’t set in 2nd half!! We need an early goal 2nd half.
Only listening on the radio, so not got a lot of insight, but sounds like Harris may benefit from the presence of Wildschutt who's decent at getting into the box and getting those little pull backs. Hopefully he's fit for 20 minutes or so.

Banksy

Abysmal. Carlisle happy to give us the ball knowing we won't do anything with it.
Scoreboard fubared
PA fubared
What's the point
Sounds a blast.At this rate we‘ll whimper into League Two.

denzel

Scoreboard seems to be working now so I'm all optimistic for a swashbuckling second half. Niskanen for Jules though..

Topsham Boy

Abysmal is harsh, Denz. Thought we a playing ok but lacking the nouse or composure in the final third
No change there then.