• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United Official Matchday Thread

Exehausted

I was told today that we offered a striker almost double what he is currently on but he wouldn't come because he wont uproot his family. Apparently we have tried really hard but it looks like we aren't going to able to sign a decent forward. We are still trying but hope is fading.

Ian webber

I was told today that we offered a striker almost double what he is currently on but he wouldn't come because he wont uproot his family. Apparently we have tried really hard but it looks like we aren't going to able to sign a decent forward. We are still trying but hope is fading.
Any idea who ?

JGrecian23

It's all bollox. Easy to say isn't it because no one knows any different. Caldwell gets off being useless because no one will move here.

Funny how we manage to sign all the worst players to play in Scotland and they move here.

Exehausted

Any idea who ?
No unfortunately.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Jules was left centre back. Purrington was more of a left back/ LWB though they were too close together IMO.
Has Purrington even been a wing back before?

it might of been him who had the header at the end ?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s better than it was back before Christmas but we’re still creating precious little in the way of chances….Tom Carroll flashing one over the top ten minutes from time about our only serious effort on goal….Commitment, effort and work rate can’t be faulted by the players…..But after only two wins in four months nothing changes from the manager in the way of approach and tactics that haven’t worked for best part of twenty matches now.

tom_ecfc

Followed by ‘Why would I want to turn into a wrongly wired up robot playing in L2 next season’!

Exehausted

It's all bollox. Easy to say isn't it because no one knows any different. Caldwell gets off being useless because no one will move here.

Funny how we manage to sign all the worst players to play in Scotland and they move here.
The ones that he has signed have been young and without families. It's not that they won't move here, it's that they wont move from where they are. The days when we had a couple of cars full from the Bristol area seem to have gone.

Mid Devon Grecian

Caldwell's interview

I’m not listening to it. Can guarantee will be utter BS

TSW1389

Totally baffling Caldwell tactics again! Lopsided to say the least with no width. Last 20 minutes the left side was obviously not an option. Must be so easy to set up to play against us!