• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bury matchday thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very tight, nothing in it. Our final ball has been very poor.

12 rounds of boxing on the big bank the other highlight

crocks

Two very good teams. Some nice football being played. Not sure about the merits of Bowman though. Doesn’t seem to anticipate very well.

geoffwp

Cheers antman, we sound well balanced.

Temporarily Exiled

Can't see this game ending 0-0. The style of football being played by both sides is going to lead to heavy legs in the second half, I think it might become a battle of which team is fitter.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just did the ifollow rerun on the penalty appeal.

No challenge for the defender who looks like he's going to make the tackle but withdraws, meanwhile Williams is already in flight before any contact, if there is any at all. Should have been a yellow for our new trickster. Nice try though.

fred binneys head

Eh? City fans fighting each other?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow, another superbly entertaining game of football and some of the passing and moving from both sides has been sensationally good for League 2. Bury have looked really dangerous on the break catching us out of position but yet again Moxey and O'Shea have been absolutely brilliant and the only time Pym was tested was from a Deano back-pass. We've played really well ourselves and probably had more possession in dangerous areas but being hyper-critical our final ball hasn't been quite good enough. I think this has been probably been the best I've seen Jake Taylor play so far this season and Randall Williams has looked much better this week.

Ash

Very tight, nothing in it. Our final ball has been very poor.

I didn't see any fighting

IndoMike

Are we playing towards the Big Bank in the 2nd half - it always seems to make a difference..

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow, another superbly entertaining game of football and some of the passing and moving from both sides has been sensationally good for League 2.
Absolutely, our passing has been good but Bury just look above the level when they have the ball.