• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter city V Brentford JPT Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just back.

The tie was lost in the first half of each leg. Should have been 3 up at their place and the first half tonight was terrible.

If we are going to play so narrow in midfield then surely you should pick two attacking full backs. Nope, Duffy and Jones. Jones, terrible in possesion, nothing going forward and caught under the ball at the back stick. Missed the energy of Tully, he played well against Weston in the first leg and gives you something going forward.

Midfield, get the impression Tis is being way too stubborn for his own good. Trying to fit all the midfielders into the side, especially Harley and Noble because he has engineered the Swansea move as the greatest transfer ever. Cant believe he took Dunne of at half time. Took what little energy we had out the side hence they were first for everything.

Should have started with the same formation as the first leg. Someone to hold the ball up or win a flick on, bit of width and trickery with Nardiello and Curetons movement. By the time we had it it was way too late.

Massiv opportunity missed, just have to hope it doesnt knock the players too much and they dont get dragged into a relegation scrap.

Last edited:

Wellyred

Cravat 2

If he had played that team on sat we would have lost eight one

Red Box

Let's get back to the game for a minute. I stayed away tonight out of disgust at the starting line-up on Saturday which in my opinion was far more important than this trophy.

I did watch the game on Sky and witnessed a full strength side that couldn't muster a proper shot on target for nearly 90 minutes. I was half expecting a blood and thunder cup match seeing what the prize was. Quite frankly it was **** poor from the first to the last minute from Exeter. We offered nothing up front, our midfielders didn't link up well with our forwards and our defenders left wanting yet again. Duffy was useless against their winger who was easily the best player on the pitch.

Brentford made one change (forced) from the side that beat Argyle on Saturday, we had 8 changes. Did Brentford look tired? Of course they didn't, they were up for this game far more than we were and made us look like a bloody pub team.

Tisdale has to accept responsibility and admit he got it wrong. A real test of how good a manager he is lies ahead.

Liam McNamara

he wont accept responsibility because it aint a playoff final or promotion

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we swap harley for another Swansea player on loan please!!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just back and another load of rubbish , no width , no shots on goal ( almost ) and to cap it all no Harley. We've been found out big time by the other teams , oh for a Craig Noone type winger , or at least a decent plan B. But the saddest thing was we went out with barely a whimper. Tisdale needs a rethink methinks and fast before it's too late.

Well, you all saw what happened tonight and it was a disgraceful performance of quite staggering ineptitude. To think I actually suggested people at work might want to watch it.

Having said that, football can change very quickly and I don' t think it is all lost by any means. The next few games are going to be very interesting.

My highlight tonight was seeing the Stanno Shirt.
Thank you Big Bank.

Grecian1987

Frustrated, angry, annoyed, let down.

The complete lack of fight and urgency we showed tonight was appalling. I'm usually quite philisophical in defeat but tonight I'm fuming. With the prize at stake and all this "we're doing it for Adam" stuff, the perfomance was woeful.

Billy Jones... Jesus Christ. Note - it is never good to duck when you've got a man coming in at the back post.
Duffy - never seen him get skinned so often and so easily.
Harley - f*ck off you sheep shagging c*nt.

Noble, IMHO, did well in a very congested midfield. Sercombe didn't have the best of games but showed more fight than the rest of our players.

Tisdale, I'm afraid, doesn't seem to know what to do at the moment. I am, have been and always will be a backer of Tisdale, but we have become so tactically obvious and with fight so far this calendar year.

I'm still feeling very raw about this - I may have calmed down in the morning.