• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter city V Brentford JPT Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
An enthralling read...

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simply not good enough, but you don't need me to tell you that.

4-3-3 worked a treat at Griffin Park, so we line up 4-4-2 in the first half. If that was to neutralise the threat of Weston, it didn't exactly work. If it was for some other reason, it still didn't work and haven't we been through this thing of wasting Harley on the wing years ago?

Let our midfield go narrower and all three of them can play their natural game, although combining Harley and Noble... well...

Its been nearly 24 hours now and I am still ****** off. Nardy's brilliant consolation just left me feeling numb. Its all in the timing... I bet we get at least a point on Saturday, beacsue that would be just like City.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simply not good enough, but you don't need me to tell you that.

4-3-3 worked a treat at Griffin Park, so we line up 4-4-2 in the first half. If that was to neutralise the threat of Weston, it didn't exactly work. If it was for some other reason, it still didn't work and haven't we been through this thing of wasting Harley on the wing years ago?

Let our midfield go narrower and all three of them can play their natural game, although combining Harley and Noble... well...

Its been nearly 24 hours now and I am still ****** off. Nardy's brilliant consolation just left me feeling numb. Its all in the timing... I bet we get at least a point on Saturday, beacsue that would be just like City.
Spot on. I'm feeling more deflated than ****** off now.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
My long and considered conclusions are that it was a sad end to a depressing 6 days which saw play off hopes and Wembly final wiped out with three home defeats.

Bigger crowd than I expected, and a good atmosphere a real cup feel building about the game. Too bad it didn't last long and two quick bursts from the excellent Weston, two far post goals and the rest of the match spent firstly wondering whether we were going to be on the wrong end of a humiliation, then wondering if we might get one back, then being surprised and frustrated when we did.

So we knew that Weston was going to be the big problem, so why didn't we have a right back (cos Duffy ain't one of those). No cover for Tully has been established since 1882, so why not? and if we are facing such a wing threat then why don't we play our own wide men to counter it. We really should have started with wing backs and Tully having no cover is no excuse.

Harley and Noble? Well enough has been written about that, but I do think their problems are made worse by the fact that there is no width, nobody out side them, only the possibility of playing it forward. The oppos see this and swarm around them and they lose the ball.

Lack of anything last night, teamwork seemed secondary nature, all the strikers too greedy when others might have been better placed. Strangely it felt as if Brentford wanted it more than us which is something Tis will have to sort out before we fall into difficulties. Something of our spirit was lost last night.

Brizzle_Red

...but I do think their problems are made worse by the fact that there is no width, nobody out side them, only the possibility of playing it forward.
Bizarrely, did anyone else not think that this was a game crying out for someone in the mould of our No. 9 to make those unselfish, lung bursting runs into the channels? We needed our forwards to be more mobile - to be available to receive a pass, or at least be prepared to make space for their mates. Playing the ball forward in the air to our midgets against their giants was never going to work.

Cravat 2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9391402.stm

Have people watched the highlights?

Firstly, sh*t sh*t sh*t defending for both goals. Fecking hell.

Secondly, Vet Hamer? Who the feck is that.

Finally, they mistook Richard Logan for O'Flynn? Embarrasing stuff

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Looks even worse then i remebered.....

Duffy has had a complete doomer.

And Billy Jones , jump lad.