• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City U23's versus Swansea City U23's - Premier League Cup Group Match Kick Off 7.00 p.m. BST 04 19.00 hours

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Living in Derby means my home games are rare but I've watched every streamed game for the last two years, ifollow, youtube, U23, U15 youth cup, whatever. If the club charged £10 for me to watch a live stream of someone sweeping up the Big Bank after a game I'd pay it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swans 'preview'.

Utterly pointless.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swans 'preview'.

Utterly pointless.
Apart from telling us five players aren't available in the final paragraph, not that we would know who or how effective they are.

geoffwp

Link not operating?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from telling us five players aren't available in the final paragraph, not that we would know who or how effective they are.
To be fair, it didn't sound like Dan Green knew much more about them in his pre-match interview.

andrew p long

But are there really that many people who are obsessed enough about City to watch an under 23 game on tv but not obsessed enough to travel to the ground if it's possible for them to get there?
I join Redred and FBH as someone in that category. I watched live streams of both Friday and Saturday's games and have previously watched U23 games eg against Leicester,when they streamed them (note to City's marketing department - however, I *wouldn't* pay £10 for a live stream of the Big Bank being swept).

I am pleased that future games will be streamed. I had come to the conclusion that the decision not to stream tonight must be due to logistics rather than to protect the attendance - after all if tonight was a League Two game at SJP it would have been live on ifollow (for two reasons - its midweek and also during an international break).

Team selection? Much the same plus first team players needing game time? The big dilemma is whether to play both Kite and Taylor (both eligible on age grounds) to get hem familiar with each other. I suspect however that neither will play to avoid injury risk with currently depleted central midfield. Grounds could do with a game as could Edwards, as well as further time for Daniel. Seymour could do with another game at this level too IMHO

Without Kite/Taylor the central midfield options include Dodd,Rowe, Edwards, who are all left footed. If Grounds plays CB can Pond switch to right wing back if Johnson is still injured?

Lee
Dyer Diabete Grounds
Pond Dodd Rowe Edwards Daniel
Seymour Cox

(Chad Gribble hinted at more game time for U18s so it might be a much less experienced line up)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do Brizzle City have to agree for Edwards to play?

LOG

Do Brizzle City have to agree for Edwards to play?
I don't think they're in it so i wouldn't have thought so.

Grecian Max

But are there really that many people who are obsessed enough about City to watch an under 23 game on tv but not obsessed enough to travel to the ground if it's possible for them to get there?
Absolutely 😂 Think you'd be surprised at how many City fans live outside the gilded walls of Exeter. Seeing as my next permanent stop is likely to be Mexico City I'm trying to ensure all streaming options are available to me 😂

denzel

I can't go tonight but hope to go next Tuesday.
Its more relevant for me to know if the away games are being streamed, though being at 2pm naturally I will be at work so won't be able to see them ;-)