• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

Fareham Grecian

The temperature is 5c, but factor in the wind, which is blowing WSW and gusting up to force 6 and it feels colder. We had 7mm of rain yesterday, mainly in the form of very heavy showers, which at times contained hailstones. We've had a couple of showers this morning, which have been heavy - however the main incident has been the power outage in EX4 which lasted from 06.30 until 09.45. At the moment it's sunny with a 55% grey cloud cover, but threatening clouds being brought in on the strong winds, which suggests there will be more heavy shower during the course of the day. I wouldn't expect a flowing game - the pitch looked badly cut up on the IP stand side at the end of the game on Saturday and we've had some persistent rain and relatively little sunshine since then.
If you want an update on Oldham there's an article in today's Guardian (yes, I know!) by David Conn outlining their perilous financial state. Perhaps someone could post a link?
I'll post again around 15:00
I posted it on the discussion thread earlier

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's hope Ryan has learnt how to head the ball from Randy on Saturday, some header that!
Like Ryan's header at Salford you mean 😉

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Similar but Randell powered his header goalward not glanced it, anyway hopefully nothing like his opportunity against Stevenage

Rosencrantz

Similar but Randell powered his header goalward not glanced it, anyway hopefully nothing like his opportunity against Stevenage
They both had something in common though, a cracking cross from Sweenz.

exeter-loyal

Oldham have been picking up ponts here and there of late apart from conceding in the last mintue to Crewe on Saturday so can see this being a tough game. If we're on are game I think we will nick it. Hopefully a decent crowd and decent atmosphere, I enjoy a night game at the park!!

CWH-NYC_

Oldham have been picking up ponts here and there of late apart from conceding in the last mintue to Crewe on Saturday so can see this being a tough game. If we're on are game I think we will nick it. Hopefully a decent crowd and decent atmosphere, I enjoy a night game at the park!!
Yep so do I. Looks like most of the rain is done and the wind should dry it out a bit. Still it’s going to be a difficult night. MJ to do it for us again one way or another.

exeter-loyal

Yep so do I. Looks like most of the rain is done and the wind should dry it out a bit. Still it’s going to be a difficult night. MJ to do it for us again one way or another.
Matt Jay has to start after his last few performances, he's been class!

older-codger

I am away for tonight's match and am hoping to watch on iFollow on the app. As usual with this disaster of an app, I am having great difficulty in finding the link for buying the match subscription. I managed to fluke it for the Port Vale match somehow but haven't a clue how! Any advice on how I subscribe?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Still blowing a blasted gale though. And very chilly too. Don't think this will be a game for "purists" tonight. More one where "blood and guts" will be needed to win through!