• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's the weather like there? Are there any doubts about the game going ahead?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dry and windy with the occasional shower.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

Blue sky sun shining

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off to the cinema this evening so won't even be able to watch this on iFollow.

Jason's preview

David Treharne

The temperature is 5c, but factor in the wind, which is blowing WSW and gusting up to force 6 and it feels colder. We had 7mm of rain yesterday, mainly in the form of very heavy showers, which at times contained hailstones. We've had a couple of showers this morning, which have been heavy - however the main incident has been the power outage in EX4 which lasted from 06.30 until 09.45. At the moment it's sunny with a 55% grey cloud cover, but threatening clouds being brought in on the strong winds, which suggests there will be more heavy shower during the course of the day. I wouldn't expect a flowing game - the pitch looked badly cut up on the IP stand side at the end of the game on Saturday and we've had some persistent rain and relatively little sunshine since then.
If you want an update on Oldham there's an article in today's Guardian (yes, I know!) by David Conn outlining their perilous financial state. Perhaps someone could post a link?
I'll post again around 15:00

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you want an update on Oldham there's an article in today's Guardian (yes, I know!) by David Conn outlining their perilous financial state. Perhaps someone could post a link?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's available in the UK to watch on iFollow

IndoMike

Anyone got any idea how much we get paid by ifollow? Is it a fixed fee or does it depend on the number of subscribers? Does the League take a cut?
Do they have an automatic right to broadcast any game they want?
There are more questions than answers

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope Ryan has learnt how to head the ball from Randy on Saturday, some header that!