• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

dontpassback

You just did as do millions of others, so not being allowed to do it seems to be a state of invented self-imposed victimhood, anywhoo..

Great performance, good win, Bowman plays as he's the one that all the pacy blokes can run around, put Ajose in there it looks samey, can't say I'm happy with his goal-scoring, but now is not the time to be going into the market. Results are fine, against what should be some of the better teams this year, even though you never can tell.

Jay, Key, Randall and Collins, the future is still bright, it's still red and white.
You are entitled to your view,but criticising anyone or anything that doesn’t fit in with the agenda is still frowned upon,however I agree with your post match comments

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Suprised it wasn’t the same time given how long it took to roll in 🤣
Scott..Are the club intending to publish the amount of ifollow subscribers per game ?

It would be interesting to see the take up(minus the ST issued passes)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suprised it wasn’t the same time given how long it took to roll in 🤣
Time delay probably led to Ryan missing his chance as he was watching it on his phone hidden under his bandage !
UTC

Andy Holloway

Sorry, it’s tough at the moment as interviews have to be distanced and we are using a clip on mic for the interviewee so that you can hear them clearly in the conditions, we will try and source a solution but we try our hardest to do as much as we can and offer a lot more than most clubs at our level, but we are always trying to improve.

With regards to commentary, it’s all handled by BBC Radio Devon and we don’t have control over who does it, we can mention to them though if it’s what the majority think?
Just an idea ref the question but, could it not be put on the bottom of the screen in text, as they do with 'foreigners/non English speakers including Americans' on TV when they speak in their own tongue?

CWH-NYC_

Thought Hannah did a good job co commentating I can’t quite understand the criticism on here!
You can put me in this camp. Refreshing change and a gives it a local feel which is welcome when you are a few thousand miles away.

Andy Holloway

A mute, hermit would be better than Glen Hoddle who has the distinction of being possibly the world's Worst pundit.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Hannah did a good job co commentating I can’t quite understand the criticism on here!
RD agree 100%.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ll join the club in saying that commentator was rubbish. No, not that one, the one that called our opponents “Colchester” twice in the opening minutes.
Sorry to be pedantic but from my recollection he did it more than twice.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are on it, just the logistics can make it a nightmare with getting stuff finished off on the social/web and then set up ready to go two minutes later for the interviews.

If this is the only issue at the moment then I couldn’t be happier!

We can suggest that to them and see what they think, ifollow is quite far behind the live action so could cause a bit more of a distraction, but worth asking!!
As someone mentioned earlier the problem for the commentators is that they are trying to to do two different jobs at the same time. Their primary job is still to be radio commentators even though increasing numbers are watching the game.

WXF

Or it could just be that Seth Conway has been doing the job a long time and most of us have heard him many times before whereas this was the first time many City fans will have heard Hannah. There have been one or two blatantly sexist posts that have been mostly called out but, to me at least, most of the comments about Hannah have been no different to discussion about male commentators and co-commentators in the past.
Why should hearing Hannah Poile for the first time cause some to judge her by a higher standard to Seth Conway? New commentators aren't normally treated like an expensive new signing who is expected to hit the ground running.