• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess there will always be differences of opinion, but ultimately my view comes from the fact that we're currently 6th, if we win at Southend next week we'll probably be top 3 by next Saturday evening, so when all's said and done it ain't broke so why the need to fix it?

grecIAN Harris

I think we're saying similar things but making it sound like we're disagreeing. Last season's problem wasn't Bowman's 14 goals, it was that we didn't have a second goalscorer getting 9 or 10 in addition to Nicky Law's 7 and the rest. That might have been the other strikers' fault for missing chances or not creating enough chances, the other players' fault for not helping them enough or even Taylor's fault for his tactics or not signing a quality striker, but it wasn't Bowman's fault.
Personally I'd say Taylors fault for not either giving Bowman a proper partner up front or continually playing the very ineffective Lee Martin where Matt Jay is currently playing but the point goes back to what The Monkey's Heed was saying, Bowman can't afford to miss chances like that one yesterday (and he's the only man in the system we play. Neither Fisher, Ajose or Seymour could play up top on their own). There will be always chances where you can argue he should have scored throughout the season but chances like that one yesterday have to buried and the way he missed makes him look like he is short of confidence which, in the system we play, we can ill afford.

Grecian Max

I mean....Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 09.49.49.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-04 at 09.50.02.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-04 at 09.50.12.png

Red Monster

Not going to hammer Bowman for the sake of it but he had
a stinker yesterday should have buried the chance Joel
Randall set up for him.
But we all know he’ll Play every minute of every game.

Surely Matt doesn’t think we’ll fall to pieces if like yesterday
he having a poor game if he comes off early.

Grecian Max

I guess there will always be differences of opinion, but ultimately my view comes from the fact that we're currently 6th, if we win at Southend next week we'll probably be top 3 by next Saturday evening, so when all's said and done it ain't broke so why the need to fix it?
Whilst it's true we're playing well, I worry because yesterday we had chances to be out of sight - this isn't just a Bowman thing. It's the same as last year, spurning easy chances ultimately cost us when I think we should have been top 3 and not let it slip.

Scott_Palfrey

Off topic but could we please be a bit more professional with our broadcasts as,a club . Park life is great but the rest , interviews you can't here the questions , long silences on commentary picky I know but please .
Sorry, it’s tough at the moment as interviews have to be distanced and we are using a clip on mic for the interviewee so that you can hear them clearly in the conditions, we will try and source a solution but we try our hardest to do as much as we can and offer a lot more than most clubs at our level, but we are always trying to improve.

With regards to commentary, it’s all handled by BBC Radio Devon and we don’t have control over who does it, we can mention to them though if it’s what the majority think?

Copernicus

For me, Bowman need to spend some time on the bench.

The discussion about 10-15-20 goals a season is pointless, the fact is, he gets a lot of chances that as a professional he should be having an attempt at the very least, but he is not jumping more than six inches and when the ball is passed to his feet he can't control it.....think back to Wembley.

Stockley would have scored 2 or 3 yesterday with that number of chances!

So, with the rest of the team pitching in and him getting the 20+ that he should with the service he is getting, we would really would be fine.

To those that say he is doing other things on the pitch, that's all well and good but his job is to score, he knows that and that is why he did not get 1 single assist last season.

That can be backed up by his goal that got us to Wembley, the Colchester keeper could have saved that, all Bowman had to do was square it to Seymour who had an empty net in front of him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Red red

If all people are moaning about is the young lady’s commentary then we aren’t doing to bad . I thought she was a bit nervous but ok . If you heard the commentary of the Bristol Rovers friendly you would say she was John Motson. .

iscalad

And he was corrected by ..........Hannah!
Here she is.

For the record, I thought she did OK.