• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bradford City FC matchday thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the apathy around Wilmott's arrival I was impressed with how he played. Not sure why Newport moved him around positionally so much, he appeared to me to be a very good winger with an excellent cross. He's just what we needed.

Is he now level with Williams for assists? @The Proper Chap 🙃

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having seen the highlights again I hadnt realised in real time exactly how good the ball from Sparkes to Willmott was in the build up to Ryan's goal. An absolute peach which I had missed as I think I was still seething over his **** up for the 2nd goal :)

Smithyno6

So many positives yesterday. Sparkes will learn from that and we move on. So good to see a change of formation, we looked solid, and kept the ball just as well without wing backs. Loved we weren’t passing it side to side and you could see we went route one as well as urging the ball out wide to create more chances, we weren’t so predictable. Personally, want to see more from Key, finding him a tough watch at the moment.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
tHE
Given the apathy around Wilmott's arrival I was impressed with how he played. Not sure why Newport moved him around positionally so much, he appeared to me to be a very good winger with an excellent cross. He's just what we needed.

Is he now level with Williams for assists? @The Proper Chap 🙃

The good news is that with Robbie W we now have a player who looks up just before crossing and can plant ball on Ryan's head - other crossers can learn from him.
Afram City!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I notice on the highlights that for MJ's penalty two of the defenders had almost caught MJ up by the time he hit it!
Good shout.
Possible retake if the keeper had saved it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know some people are cynical about TOTWs but Matt Taylor and Ryan Bowman get a mention in this weekend's L2 team

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cynicism? On Exeweb? Never!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cynicism? On Exeweb? Never!
Far worse on many other forums.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cliff Hill?
If we need to win our final home game of the season to secure automatic promotion and think our chances will be boosted by a better playing surface, why not?! I’m only half serious, but I do wonder if the Rules would allow it.

rick whitemore

I think it was Alvin Martin who used to smash the pens in for that West Ham team, rather than Stewart.
It was Ray (Tonka) Stewart