• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bradford City FC matchday thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are probably right, i know he hardly ever missed, I was watching a old game on Sky the other week and he absolutely smashed his pen, maybe he mixed it up a bit
He definitely took a good pen regardless of whether he smashed it or side footed it.

(y)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hypothetically, if the pitch were to get worse, is there anything to stop us playing elsewhere, say Sandy Park, given we don't have to worry about accommodating any supporters?!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d like to see Bowman take one.

iscalad

Hypothetically, if the pitch were to get worse, is there anything to stop us playing elsewhere, say Sandy Park, given we don't have to worry about accommodating any supporters?!
We can't afford the rent

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He definitely took a good pen regardless of whether he smashed it or side footed it.

(y)
Bruce took a great penalty. He scored 19 goals for Utd during the 90/91 season although no idea how many were penalties. Surely a record for a centre half?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure what thread this was discussed on previously but watching Quest there doesn't seem any Covid problems at any other ground regards displays of flags and banners which was given as the reason why ours can't be displayed. Has this been stated by the club anywhere?

jase 07

Bruce took a great penalty. He scored 19 goals for Utd during the 90/91 season although no idea how many were penalties. Surely a record for a centre half?
11 pens apparently

arthur

Cliff Hill?

Ash

A very good point my friend. Having reviewed the evidence, It would have been clearly construed as a passback by the officials, and most of the Bradford players! I'm not sure it started out as an intentional passbook, since the ball was intended for our player, who inexplicably let it go! Jockull is off the hook, I'm going to assume he lashed at the ball with his leg like that because he was aware of the handball consequences. :unsure:
Jockull is not off the hook. Jokull is though.

Colesman Ballz

You would have liked Julian Dicks and, iirc, his predocesor Ray Stewart at West Ham. They knew how to smash a penalty. As, of course, did Psycho at Forest.
So glad you didn't mention Pyscho for England ! :(