• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't schoolkids get special dispensation for sporting events though? e.g. Tom Daley did, didn't he?
I would take the view that letting your son play for Wales is a criminal offence.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would take the view that letting your son play for Wales is a criminal offence.
You mean that team that got to the semis of 2016, while we lost to Iceland (the country, not the supermarket...)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He captained the Wales U17 side yesterday, as they went down 1-0 to an added time goal from Scotland. He didn't play in the first game.

Report - http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/last-minute-heartbreak-wales/

malcolms

The chances of him committing to a contract diminish by the day. The club by its inaction on the managerial front is indicating that if he plays for ECFC again this season it will be for a side that is struggling. Not a great incentive to sign anything other than a goodbye card.

ForeverECFC

He's had first team football here already, He'd be silly to leave so soon from a football perspective, money talks though.

Red Monster

The chances of him committing to a contract diminish by the day. The club by its inaction on the managerial front is indicating that if he plays for ECFC again this season it will be for a side that is struggling. Not a great incentive to sign anything other than a goodbye card.
How do you come to that conclusion do you know his relationship with the manager and coaching staff?

I bet he'll be involved in the next few games and seeing we are next to bottom in the League that will count as playing in a struggling side .

manc grecian

How do you come to that conclusion do you know his relationship with the manager and coaching staff?

I bet he'll be involved in the next few games and seeing we are next to bottom in the League that will count as playing in a struggling side .
How can he be involved if he's not trained with the first team all week?

Our defence is enough of a mess without any more disruption.

Red Monster

How can he be involved if he's not trained with the first team all week?

Our defence is enough of a mess without any more disruption.
He's training with Wales so he's not going to be unfit and other players who played international football in midweek end up playing at the weekend for there clubs all the time.

I did say I thought he would be involved may be on the bench.

manc grecian

He's training with Wales so he's not going to be unfit and other players who played international football in midweek end up playing at the weekend for there clubs all the time.

I did say I thought he would be involved may be on the bench.
I'm not questioning his fitness. Its more if you play in the back four you need to train as part of the back four. Having seen us play on Saturdays maybe you don't.

Red Monster

I'm not questioning his fitness. Its more if you play in the back four you need to train as part of the back four. Having seen us play on Saturdays maybe you don't.
Never miss a game and may be he's ready for his best position in central midfield, now Harley's crocked!