• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

I am sure the club will try to do this, all depends if Ethan and Kwame agree with this course of action.

Thanks Exetercitysrealdeal for your detailed response as well.
No worries Richard! I should probably be doing some work really but the Friday afternoon feeling is taking over haha! :)

Guillem_Browser

Have written about Ampadu's progress for HITC here: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/05/exeter-prodigy-ampadu-heads-back-to-school-as-arsenal-links-cont/

How often are we realistically expecting him to play from now on? Suppose when the injured crew return there'll be less need for Ampadu to feature so often, but would be great to see as much of him at City as possible before he moves up the divisions - and who knows what sort of fee we could get in today's market if we get a good season or two out of him.

Red Nose

How often are we realistically expecting him to play from now on? Suppose when the injured crew return there'll be less need for Ampadu to feature so often, but would be great to see as much of him at City as possible before he moves up the divisions - and who knows what sort of fee we could get in today's market if we get a good season or two out of him.
It'll be increasingly difficult for him to play as he (presumably) won't be able to train during the day as he'll be at school.

TotnesGrecian

Is Ethan not eligible to sign a professional contract tomorrow? His 16th birthday is September 14th if I remember correctly..

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Ethan not eligible to sign a professional contract tomorrow? His 16th birthday is September 14th if I remember correctly..
the only contract that Ethan could sign is one that doesn't impede his legal obligation to be at school until the end of June 2017.

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

(I like the idea though of Reuben Reid and Ethan Ampadu being signed within 24 hours of each other!)

Last edited:

grecianstew

However his school does have an obligation to support genuinely "talented and gifted" pupils, which can be done by ways of reduced timetables, negotiated deadlines etc etc. More than one Olympian was still in school.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does his value go up now he's 16 despite not having a pro contract yet? We must be due an extra bob right? Right?!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy Birthday Ethan.

You're 16 now so get your butt down the Cat &Fiddle where you will get the only education you'll ever need. Who needs to know the capital of Sweden, trigonometry or who came second in the Boxer Rising. You'll be minted before you're 18 if you play your cards right.

You know it makes sense.

Cheers
Billy

( irresponsible parent )

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Birthday Ethan.

You're 16 now so get your butt down the Cat &Fiddle where you will get the only education you'll ever need. Who needs to know the capital of Sweden, trigonometry or who came second in the Boxer Rising. You'll be minted before you're 18 if you play your cards right.

You know it makes sense.

Cheers
Billy

( irresponsible parent )
Ha - reminds me of my GCSE year at school and a chum who disappeared at around Easter, going on to play for QPR in the Premier League and England U21s.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Won't be featuring on Saturday as he's in the Wales U17 squad for their European Championship qualifiers against Portugal, Scotland and Malta.

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-go-portugal-uefa-u17-championship-qualifying-round/

Last edited: