• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably but let’s put the record straight as far as Sheffield United were concerned they were in serious trouble before Amps joined them and the reason was not a poor defense but a very poor and weak attack that couldn’t score for toffees.
Likewise Spezia and the other Club, name escapes me at present, were not pulling up any trees in Serie A. Spezia currently 5 points clear of a relegation place with 11 games left to play.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably but let’s put the record straight as far as Sheffield United were concerned they were in serious trouble before Amps joined them and the reason was not a poor defense but a very poor and weak attack that couldn’t score for toffees.
Likewise Spezia and the other Club, name escapes me at present, were not pulling up any trees in Serie A. Spezia currently 5 points clear of a relegation place with 11 games left to play.
Which then poses the question why better teams did not want to take him on loan? In fairness he has got better since then, but I still think the issue is that he doesn't really have a best position and is not quite PL standard in any.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Venezia

Grecianman135

£15m would probably be where I see Ampadu's value and think he'll end up at a top flight side somewhere in Europe.
Rangers?? Celtic?? would go in and be best player in both squads probably.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rangers?? Celtic?? would go in and be best player in both squads probably.
Maybe decent shouts but can't see them affording £15m

I wasn't frawin
I wasn't drawing any direct correlation between Ampadu's presence and the relegation battles of the three teams he's been loaned too. I just thought it was an interesting quirk.

But now you mention it....

grecIAN Harris

That was probably a good thing for The Toffees as it saved them from relegation instead.........

andrew p long

Ethan's Spezia side sit one place and 4 points above the relegation zone on Serie A. If they were to end up making the drop that would mean Amapdu would have been relegated in 3 consecutive seasons with three different clubs.

I wonder if that has happened to many other players before?
IIRC Roy McDonough

grecianstew

Didn’t Neil Redfearn get relegated from all 4 divisions in conservative seasons a while back?

TotnesGrecian

Potter now sacked by Chelsea, hopefully a summer clear out by the new manager...