• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mo Salah, Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku... need I go on?!
I hope you aren't comparing Ampadu to those players...

I think many City fans (understandably) have rose tinted glasses on and think Ampadu is far better than he actually is.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster

I think many City fans (understandably) have rose tinted glasses on and think Ampadu is far better than he actually is.
I agree. He's in the Ola Aina, Pasalic, Kalas and Chalobah league. So 10 mill is not out of the question in my view.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

I was merely making the point that they barely got a look in at Chelsea, as you suggested being 'in demand' at the Bridge was a prerequisite of being a half-decent player.

Salah started six games for Chelsea in three years [which, incidentally, is four less than Ampadu], during which time he was loaned out twice – that was four more games than De Bruyne, who was also loaned out twice, started in his two-year spell at the club.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting Ampadu is in the same league as Salah or De Bruyne. However, I don't think anyone – except, perhaps, Mystic Meg – had any idea quite how good they would go on to become when Chelsea were farming them out on loan.

Grecianman135

He's worth more than £10m IMO, his experience in Serie A, Chelsea squad player, CL apps, Wales captain (who are now actually half decent in the last 6/7 years)
Also a Europa League winner has to count for something? can see a team like Blackburn come in for him or a lower end prem team like Southampton maybe... hard to really judge what his level is, probably not up to Prem standard unless with a promoted team from the Championship,but I'm sure 99% of Championship teams would welcome a Europa League winner into the squad with open arms,so it's a interesting one.

Either way needs to be sold so we can get some dolla 💸🤑

iscalad

Also a Europa League winner has to count for something? can see a team like Blackburn come in for him or a lower end prem team like Southampton maybe... hard to really judge what his level is, probably not up to Prem standard unless with a promoted team from the Championship,but I'm sure 99% of Championship teams would welcome a Europa League winner into the squad with open arms,so it's a interesting one.

Either way needs to be sold so we can get some dolla 💸🤑
Seems unlikely that Southampton will be in the PL next season, but I take your meaning.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
£15m would probably be where I see Ampadu's value and think he'll end up at a top flight side somewhere in Europe.

Grecian Max

I think £15m too with some add-ons, given he is now essentially the Wales captain for the next decade.

His style may well suit Europe better - I wonder if his next stop might well be Spain.

Ethan's Spezia side sit one place and 4 points above the relegation zone on Serie A. If they were to end up making the drop that would mean Amapdu would have been relegated in 3 consecutive seasons with three different clubs.

I wonder if that has happened to many other players before?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Walker?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ethan's Spezia side sit one place and 4 points above the relegation zone on Serie A. If they were to end up making the drop that would mean Amapdu would have been relegated in 3 consecutive seasons with three different clubs.

I wonder if that has happened to many other players before?
Probably but let’s put the record straight as far as Sheffield United were concerned they were in serious trouble before Amps joined them and the reason was not a poor defense but a very poor and weak attack that couldn’t score for toffees.