• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt its been discussed countless times on this thread but what price do people think Ethan is currently worth?
10 to 15m?
At most I would say, I've seen £20m - £30m banded around which to me is very unrealistic. He is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and they'll probably offload him for £5m-£10m I think.

Hope I'm wrong and he goes for more obviously!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry Bridgy but the hell would pay £20m for Ethan? He will most probably run his contract down and join a poor Serie A side for free.
This could easily happen, too. Being a free agent usually means a nice signing on fee and higher wages due to the buying club not having to pay a fee.

Boyo

This could easily happen, too. Being a free agent usually means a nice signing on fee and higher wages due to the buying club not having to pay a fee.
It can't happen. He'll be under 24 when his contract expires so as long as Chelsea offer him another deal, a fee would have to be paid (decided by tribunal if necessary).

I find it odd that some on here feel that Chelsea played hardball with us, to screw us for every penny, yet seem convinced that Chelsea will let him leave without any attempt to maximise their own profit.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
IF chelsea Do not see Ethan in their plans for next season he will leave for fee, as they have to start repaying the financial fair play system back. I would be surprised if they do not sell him, even for £15m, with a buy back clause attached.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
IF chelsea Do not see Ethan in their plans for next season he will leave for fee, as they have to start repaying the financial fair play system back. I would be surprised if they do not sell him, even for £15m, with a buy back clause attached.
Agreed.

And I do wonder if our views on EA are coloured by the history. I've not seen anything to suggest he is regarded as being good enough for the PL and in demand; Spezia are near the bottom of Serie A and Venezia were relegated. Lots of caps for Wales doesn't necessarily mean a higher value. Would he really command a fee of £20m? Though 20% of even £10-15M would be better than a slap with a kipper...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
At most I would say, I've seen £20m - £30m banded around which to me is very unrealistic. He is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and they'll probably offload him for £5m-£10m I think.

Hope I'm wrong and he goes for more obviously!
Bournemouth signed Ake from Chelsea for £20m (reportedly) and he was surplus to requirements too (obviously or they wouldn't have sold him).

Bridgy 81

I see that Ethan's colleague at Spezia, 22 year old left centre back Jakub Kiwior, has fetched up at Arsenal in exchange for £22m.
This situation is in part why I was saying yesterday that if Chelsea sell Ethan I hope it would be for around £20M.
Kiwior is the same age (22) but has played far fewer first team league matches and in less competitive leagues and also has far fewer international caps than Ethan.

DawlishBouy

Spezia player ratings:
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/1501/Show/Italy-Spezia
If Kiwior is worth £20m….

Bat Fastard

Can’t see ampadu fetching the sort of money talked about on here - think he’d struggle at premier league level based on what I’ve seen of him for wales and sheff utd. Decent championship player for me - maybe clubs will be willing to pay because of his Chelsea pedigree but I’d rather take 10 punts on up and comers like nombe from league one that 10 mil on ampadu

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve given up trying to second guess who his next team will be , sure the bloke’s got it all worked out for himself. Sure he’d probably prefer sunny Italy or the like to a muddy Saturday afternoon at Leeds , no disrespect to them of course.
Whatever he’s worth though it’d be lovely if he was sold for a reasonable fee and we could get a decent cut.And start discussing the next City prospect instead…..