• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Ethan has one more season left after this one on his current contract.
So I suppose (and hope) this summer is when Chelsea are likely to sell him if that’s their intention.
Alternatively they might extend his contract again (hopefully unlikely) or (worst case scenario) let him run it down and leave on a free, which I can’t see happening as that would be like them throwing their (and our) money down the drain!
Really? Do you honestly think that Chelsea care about that? They have thrown £m's down the drain, Just look at the new owners, £660m he's spent since the summer, They've had gord knows how many managers since Ethan joined them, TBH i doubt if Potter knows where all his loan players are! Also it was on Abramovich's watch when Ethan signed for them, This new chap in charge probably doesn't even think about Ethan, Let alone ECFC.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly hope so for City’s sake , more in the kitty towards Gary’s promotion squad.
We won't get promoted next season. We're not ready for the Premier League yet.

Bridgy 81

Really? Do you honestly think that Chelsea care about that? They have thrown £m's down the drain, Just look at the new owners, £660m he's spent since the summer, They've had gord knows how many managers since Ethan joined them, TBH i doubt if Potter knows where all his loan players are! Also it was on Abramovich's watch when Ethan signed for them, This new chap in charge probably doesn't even think about Ethan, Let alone ECFC.
I’m no fan of Chelsea or their modus operandi but I don’t think they’ve thrown the entire £660M down the drain. After what I think were some expensive mistakes in the summer their January purchases appear to be different to me in that they were younger players with potential for resale at some point at maybe even a higher value.
I realize they don’t necessarily care much about Ethan’s future and I’m sure even less about ours, but unlike you by the sound of it, I’d be surprised if they couldn’t even be bothered to recoup around £20M by selling him before his contract ends.
They may even remember to sign the paperwork this time.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt its been discussed countless times on this thread but what price do people think Ethan is currently worth?
10 to 15m?

DB9

I’m no fan of Chelsea or their modus operandi but I don’t think they’ve thrown the entire £660M down the drain. After what I think were some expensive mistakes in the summer their January purchases appear to be different to me in that they were younger players with potential for resale at some point at maybe even a higher value.
I realize they don’t necessarily care much about Ethan’s future and I’m sure even less about ours, but unlike you by the sound of it, I’d be surprised if they couldn’t even be bothered to recoup around £20M by selling him before his contract ends.
They may even remember to sign the paperwork this time.
Seems to me the way Chelsea have shopped Ethan around clubs since he signed for them they look quite happy to let his contract run down and let him go on a free, I maybe wrong (And probably are) but his name never seems to get mentioned by those inside the Stamford Bridge walls, To me it sounds like the new owner is very similar to Abromvich in his early days, Just spend on a load of expensive overseas players and the young British lads, Send them off on loan then get rid.

Colesman Ballz

Seems to me the way Chelsea have shopped Ethan around clubs since he signed for them they look quite happy to let his contract run down and let him go on a free, I maybe wrong (And probably are) but his name never seems to get mentioned by those inside the Stamford Bridge walls, To me it sounds like the new owner is very similar to Abromvich in his early days, Just spend on a load of expensive overseas players and the young British lads, Send them off on loan then get rid.
No way that they will let him go for free. Their whole youth set-up is a money making scheme.

Bridgy 81

Fair enough but to me that doesn’t make any sense.
I don’t have the figures to hand but Chelsea have probably made back in loan fees the derisory transfer fee amount they were instructed to pay us (which is probably part of the reason they loaned him out so many times) but why wouldn’t they sell him for multiple millions rather than not doing that and getting nothing?
Anyway, I’m off to the Co-op to buy some wine and then start our tea.

DB9

No way that they will let him go for free. Their whole youth set-up is a money making scheme.
They might not have a say in it if he doesn't sign a new contract, He might not want to be a constant loan player.

DB9

Fair enough but to me that doesn’t make any sense.
I don’t have the figures to hand but Chelsea have probably made back in loan fees the derisory transfer fee amount they were instructed to pay us (which is probably part of the reason they loaned him out so many times) but why wouldn’t they sell him for multiple millions rather than not doing that and getting nothing?
Anyway, I’m off to the Co-op to buy some wine and then start our tea.
My view is that Chelsea are S**T's when it comes to their youngsters.

Alistair20000

My view is that Chelsea are S**T's when it comes to their youngsters.
Thankfully Ollie Watkins was wise and went to Brentford. Maybe Ethan should have chosen a different route but the money will have been good with Chelsea

Reactions: DB9