• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

C j phill

£15m? I’m not sure he’s worth that, I bet they don’t pay that and he will be back at Chelsea next summer…I’d rather see him sign for a championship club, instead of going on loan every season, better for his career and us.
Report says 15m euros, not British pounds.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
£15m? I’m not sure he’s worth that, I bet they don’t pay that and he will be back at Chelsea next summer…I’d rather see him sign for a championship club, instead of going on loan every season, better for his career and us.
He's an international footballer from Chelsea. Whilst that status remains, Amps will always carry a premium price tag.

grecIAN Harris

He's an international footballer from Chelsea. Whilst that status remains, Amps will always carry a premium price tag.

Cowshed Grecian

Cobblers. Anyone who can kick a ball and is based anywhere in the top 3 divisions and is Welsh gets a cap. No disrespect to Wales. Ben Woodburn was an international footballer with Liverpool in that case. Does he carry a premium price tag?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Cobblers. Anyone who can kick a ball and is based anywhere in the top 3 divisions and is Welsh gets a cap. No disrespect to Wales. Ben Woodburn was an international footballer with Liverpool in that case. Does he carry a premium price tag?
Ethan has three times as many caps in the same time period as Woodburn, and has played top flight football in three countries, with 4 clubs. But you go ahead and compare them.

The only cobblers is what you've posted.

elginCity

Yep, cautionary tale there... wonderkid, Welsh international, multiple loan spells, lost his way, released, bought for nowt.

IndoMike

But it's the experience he's gained at an elite level that also has added value.
I like Ethan - he's a good kid- but of course he's not a top notch player. But he's got a very nice life and will have a good career as a professional footballer.

jrg333

BBC reporting this loan at £1.5m plus £12.7m transfer option. Better taking a percentage of that (is it 20%, meaning ~£2.8m?) than risk him running down his contract. I hope he does well there but I'll be fairly surprised if Spezia actually have 14 odd million for a young defender.

Cowshed Grecian

But it's the experience he's gained at an elite level that also has added value.
I like Ethan - he's a good kid- but of course he's not a top notch player. But he's got a very nice life and will have a good career as a professional footballer.
Yeah it’s nothing personal. I was hoping he would make it big. However let’s be honest he was a whizz kid who hasn’t developed into what we thought he would. A lot of kids who are highly rated at 15/16 don’t. Let’s not pretend he is an elite player because he really isn’t, in fact I’ve watched him a lot and always been hugely disappointed with him. He will have a good career for Wales as an average defender.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah it’s nothing personal. I was hoping he would make it big. However let’s be honest he was a whizz kid who hasn’t developed into what we thought he would. A lot of kids who are highly rated at 15/16 don’t. Let’s not pretend he is an elite player because he really isn’t, in fact I’ve watched him a lot and always been hugely disappointed with him. He will have a good career for Wales as an average defender.
He's still only 21. How many defenders reach their peak at 21? Alex Hartridge, for example, was only starting to become a regular for City at the same age.