• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do realise my comments relate to the bloke in the article not Ethan?
However at present we don't know whether in 5 years time Ethan may well be wishing he'd stayed with us for a season or two or moved on to a L1 club.
I guess in theory we don’t, but I’ll have a grand on him not wishing that.

andrew p long

I guess in theory we don’t, but I’ll have a grand on him not wishing that.
if you can get anyone to take that bet ,can you let me know, so that I can have some too!

Red Bill

Piazon has got to play in Eredivisie, Serie A, Bundesliga and Championship, 196 senior apps and 36 goals... I don't see that as missing out on a dream just because he didn't make it with his parent club... sounds like a fantastic lifestyle to me getting to play in all those places having come across from South America...
Personally living out of a suitcase half the time 8000 miles from home, moving from pillar to post and the problems that creates forming friendships and language barriers with little time to learn, doesn't sound a particularly good lifestyle to me. He didn't exactly light up the world on his travels either. In fact the only place he appears to have made any impression is right here in the championship. Maybe that's his level, and maybe if he'd stayed at that level he might have established himself. Take out his 3 years in the championship and his stats over the remaining 7 years aren't too impressive at all. He's 26 an age where players are generally hitting their peak, however he's hit 26 and failed to establish himself anywhere.
Let's just hope his latest move allows him to settle and finally develop as a player.

Pobbop

I think Wallsall fans are probably pretty happy they'll get him though...

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is very much a case of watch this space. Sheffield United could turn their season around with Amps playing an integral part which would put him on the radar of other PL Clubs.

Anything could happen at Chelsea. Lampard, although stating he was looking forward to working with Amps, chose to put him out on loan. Question being did he really fancy him or did he, as Amps was not knocking on the first team door, feel he would benefit by getting first team football elsewhere. If so another loan could well be on the cards. Then again if Lampard left how might a new manager view his future.

The overall picture could also change dramatically, if with the upcoming Internationals, he continues to impress for Wales.

My gut feeling is that, whilst later in his career he may well go on to become involved in a £100M type transfer we are unlikely to see him blossom at Chelsea, and therefore sadly will not benefit from it.

We might have to set our aspiration level a good deal lower as if Chelsea decided to let him go at the end of the season or indeed the next one, we would probably be looking at getting a cut of a transfer fee somewhere in the region of £20M.

Alistair20000

Amps did not do much to advance his claims yesterday against Spurs yesterday but nor was he bad.

The Blades defence and defensive awareness was pretty dire though so I fear he will be part of a struggling team if that was a typical Blades performance yesterday.

grecianstew

So Chelsea press the reset button once again! Wonder how this will affect Ethan's standing or if the incoming bloke will know anything about him or even have time to track down all the Chelsea loanees and find out who they are.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Chelsea press the reset button once again! Wonder how this will affect Ethan's standing or if the incoming bloke will know anything about him or even have time to track down all the Chelsea loanees and find out who they are.
He may have seen Ampadu sitting on the other bench if this German chap gets the gig.

jimbo-gould

He seems to have found his position in a Sheffield United team. If he can perform well there hopefully he can make an impression from afar.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps looking far more composed and more like his usual self tonight against Man Utd....Sheffield United leading 1-0 at halftime.