• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
What I've learnt from these boards is that the majority of people have no considerations in life beyond money, so based on that I expect that some will say that his time at Chelsea was worthwhile. Personally I find this incredibly sad, a young man with a failed career who's missed out on his dream simply to sign for a club like Chelsea. He'll probably never know what he might have achieved or how fulfilling his young life could have been. People will no doubt point out that he's probably earned £4-5M in his time there, but how's he going to cope when he's earning a tenth of that playing for Walsall or someone (If he makes it there)! When you take off taxes and the money he's no doubt blown simply because he was a kid with a big bank balance, what he has left certainly isn't going to keep him for the rest of his life and I doubt he know much about anything other than football
Piazon has got to play in Eredivisie, Serie A, Bundesliga and Championship, 196 senior apps and 36 goals... I don't see that as missing out on a dream just because he didn't make it with his parent club... sounds like a fantastic lifestyle to me getting to play in all those places having come across from South America...

fred binneys head

What I've learnt from these boards is that the majority of people have no considerations in life beyond money, so based on that I expect that some will say that his time at Chelsea was worthwhile. Personally I find this incredibly sad, a young man with a failed career who's missed out on his dream simply to sign for a club like Chelsea. He'll probably never know what he might have achieved or how fulfilling his young life could have been. People will no doubt point out that he's probably earned £4-5M in his time there, but how's he going to cope when he's earning a tenth of that playing for Walsall or someone (If he makes it there)! When you take off taxes and the money he's no doubt blown simply because he was a kid with a big bank balance, what he has left certainly isn't going to keep him for the rest of his life and I doubt he know much about anything other than football
Journalist: “Ethan, where did it all go wrong?”

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ha, ha. The wonderful image of George Best sitting on a hotel bed with a glass of champagne in his hand, Miss World next to him and a suitcase of money...

Also the probably apocryphal: "80% of my money I spent on women, cars and booze. The rest I squandered"

iscalad

I should never have left Exeter City

IndoMike

Ha, ha. The wonderful image of George Best sitting on a hotel bed with a glass of champagne in his hand, Miss World next to him and a suitcase of money...

Also the probably apocryphal: "80% of my money I spent on women, cars and booze. The rest I squandered"
You must be telepathic, JW. These recent posts reminded me of Georgie and his comments, too. Good old George. What a player and one helluva life.

older-codger

You must be telepathic, JW. These recent posts reminded me of Georgie and his comments, too. Good old George. What a player and one helluva life.
Even has an airport named after him

tonykellowfan

Jesus there is some rubbish on this thread.

Amps has only just turned 20, he is significantly younger than some of the current Exeter academy players in our first eleven who apparently will be going for x million shortly.

Amps already has a top top career and will play in the prem or equivalent abroad for the vast majority of his career.

Red Bill

You do realise my comments relate to the bloke in the article not Ethan?
However at present we don't know whether in 5 years time Ethan may well be wishing he'd stayed with us for a season or two or moved on to a L1 club.

DawlishBouy

You do realise my comments relate to the bloke in the article not Ethan?
However at present we don't know whether in 5 years time Ethan may well be wishing he'd stayed with us for a season or two or moved on to a L1 club.
If you read posts ﹟3,798 & ﹟3,800 you would realise your comments don’t bare much relation to the bloke you were talking about either.

Reactions: Ash

andrew p long

Yes, the comments on here were 'I hope he (Ethan) doesn't end up like the other bloke'.

This season, twelve Premiership starts and four Nations League starts. Doing OK the quality of games he's playing at his age (18 months younger than Alex Hartridge)