• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Natty Dreadlocks"!!
What a wonderful stage name for the front man in a "two tone" label ska band back in the 80s.
Far better than "Buster Blood vessels"!
I had never heard of or seen Buster until he turned up as support band for The Ruts(their last ever gig)at Plymouth Poly around Feb 1980...What a assault that was on the senses..Everyone thought who the fkcu are they !
After the first song the place went nuts..

exeter-loyal

I wonder if he paid him for that cut? If he had gone to the Exeter barbers it would have cost him 100+ quid for that chop off I reckon!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if he paid him for that cut? If he had gone to the Exeter barbers it would have cost him 100+ quid for that chop off I reckon!
A tenner in Crediton. But probably not as tidy a cut.

Spoonz Red E

There are three mattress companies in Leipzig so he may have got a quid pro quo discount.

exeter-loyal

A tenner in Crediton. But probably not as tidy a cut.
Crediton may be busy now this weekend!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are three mattress companies in Leipzig so he may have got a quid pro quo discount.
Euro pro quo, surely?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ethan is mentioned in this article on problems with the loan system:

IndoMike

Goo
Ethan is mentioned in this article on problems with the loan system:
[/QUOTE

Interesting article, SEA.
It will always be a risk for a very young lad to sign for a high-flying club : to make the grade between 17-21 years of age is so difficult. Yes, I'm sure it's money in the bank for Ethan, but as the article suggests his football development might be stunted.
Clubs like Chelsea vacuum up as much young talent as they can relatively risk-free. Its true that Abraham's and Mount's loans worked out well, but sending Ethan off to Germany and the bench, hardly ever playing? I don't know. Again, I'm sure the coaching is good in Germany and it will be a good life experience for him, but you feel he's out on a limb.
In my opinion the better step would have been a loan out to a Championship club. If he excelled there Chelsea would be able to evaluate his progress better. I can only imagine that indeed they thought he could be better coached at Leipzig. But being coached and not playing : can.that be a good thing?

ryancooper327

Nearly 3 years since this article was published. Ampadu gone on to do best, Sparkes first team starter and Dyer and Dean playing today.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nearly 3 years since this article was published. Ampadu gone on to do best, Sparkes first team starter and Dyer and Dean playing today.

Interesting link. Of the others Dodds is still at City but has been injured, Simpson scored his first goal on loan for Bideford yesterday and the other three appear to have left the club.