• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy (CheckaTrade Trophy) 2017/18 Season

TOP_CITY_FAN

Chelsea are the Cat 1 side.

Bittners a Legend

...and to think people were worried they wouldn't see Ethan on the St James Park pitch again!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shame it will be at SJP again..I would have fancied a trip to Stamford Bridge..Went there last in 1972 at the age of 11..

andrew p long

I'm getting fed up with always getting drawn against Chelsea...

Exe on Valdez

I can't believe the local element of this was a draw, unless our velvet bag was filled with only 3 pre-determined balls, which seems to be the case for all of the groups. In which case, why not just announce that you will play your nearest two rivals plus a bunch of overpaid kids.

As for Chelsea. Bring it on. We beat them last time. Maybe they will buy another of our rising stars.

Any novelty value from last season has now drained away. I get the feeling this competition is there to appease the big boys and the League clubs are just incidental.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was only a 1 year experiment wasn't it?...

iscalad

It was only a 1 year experiment wasn't it?...
And got voted for again.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Ridiculous draw, why drag it out? And they still presumeably haven't announced whether we are home or away to Plymouth and Yeovil?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL Chief Harvey on Keeping Portsmouth and Southampton apart. But City vs Argyle is okay?

One of the commitments we made right at the outset was to try to avoid group-stage games that had a significant potential for high levels of disorder.
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/efl-chief-lifts-lid-on-avoiding-pompey-southampton-clash-1-8053690

Last edited:

Ashford Grecian

Shame it will be at SJP again..I would have fancied a trip to Stamford Bridge..Went there last in 1972 at the age of 11..
didn't they play home games at Wimbledon last season?