• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy (CheckaTrade Trophy) 2017/18 Season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Full details of what has been decided so far. http://www.exeweb.com/2017/07/07/exeter-yeovil-and-plymouth-drawn-together-in-efl-trophy-group/

Apparently this was drawn in London! I've no idea why this draw is being done this way, why not draw he whole lot together. More muddled thinking by the EFL

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If we end up with argyle home it could cause some complications. If ticket prices are sensible then it could attract a much better crowd than you would normally see in the trophy. Presumeably Plymouth would be given 400 tickets only which I expect they would sell out and you then possibly have more trying to get tickets for the home sections.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we end up with argyle home it could cause some complications. If ticket prices are sensible then it could attract a much better crowd than you would normally see in the trophy. Presumeably Plymouth would be given 400 tickets only which I expect they would sell out and you then possibly have more trying to get tickets for the home sections.
It'd have to be all ticket, BB sold only to those on our database. And Argyle would get significantly fewer tickets than other away clubs as the separation barrier would have to be wider than normal. I'm praying we play them away.

RyanPugh

Boycotting. Not giving a single penny towards this competition.

Exe on Valdez

Hopefully we get Spurs in our group,
Wow. That would make it almost as big a fixture as Chelsea last year.

** checks blood pressure **

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boycotting. Not giving a single penny towards this competition.
Me too. #bteamboycott

mt405

It devalues derbies and devalues the league and traditional competitions. I boycotted last season's games (well, couldn't be bothered) and I resent having to choose between missing City v Argyle and showing support for such a cynical exercise.

denzel

It devalues derbies and devalues the league and traditional competitions. I boycotted last season's games (well, couldn't be bothered) and I resent having to choose between missing City v Argyle and showing support for such a cynical exercise.
They have clearly fabricated the draw to try to ensure validity of the competition by having 'big' crowds. Don't fall into the trap. I'm staying away like last season

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think if they insist of the group format then fixing it into local games is the best option. Better than having the same format and playing Shrewsbury and Crawley for example.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should know which B team we're getting within the next hour. Presumably we'll also get to know whether the games against Yeovil and Argyle are home or away. The B Team game will be played at SJP.