• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Floodlit Cup Final - Wed 18th Nov 6.30pm kick off

chunkymorrinmunter

Magnificent effort to get to the final and beat a decent crewe outfit,,well done to everybody involved.

CWH-NYC_

Well that was special. Well done to all involved. What a great night!!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What cheery news. Well played boys, hope Tulls shouts you a Dr Pepper and pack of Quavers for the journey back!

I just hope we don't lose them all even earlier and for even less than we otherwise will.

Was this a comp just for L1 and L2 academies, or the whole EFL?
Whole of the EFL I think although it might be cat 2 academies and below. We had Bristol City in the group stage and beat Luton in the Southern Area Final.

Exehausted

How old is Cox? When can we offer a pro deal?
The club site says his DOB is 01/01 1901, so he's looking good for his age! I couldn't find anything else on line. I'm sure someone said a couple of weeks ago that he's just turned 16.

andrew p long

Yes, Cox was 15 end of last season. Everyone knew about him well before tonight, he was in City's first team squads for the pre season games.

He is, I believe, regularly off having trials at Premiership clubs so is likely to follow the Ampadu,Stansfield, Chrisene line of leaving in the summer before he turns 17. Hopefully for big bucks!

But what a fabulous game. Huge thanks to those who organised the coverage on Youtube for us. I was busy until after 7.30, so watched it 'as live' . thank heaven I resisted the temptation at half time, 3-1 down, just to check what by then was the final score. I think if I'd seen 3-7 I'd have misread it as 3-1 with no second half goals.

Busy couple of days for Sonny Cox. On the bench for the first team last night, scoring four goals in a national final tonight. And what a second half for him - missed two penalties but still scored four times!

Last edited:

haka

Does anyone know the size of the pitch? With that camera angle it looked narrow.

Alistair20000

Just back and picked this news up

Great from the youngsters and their coaches 👏 👏 👏

logman

How old is Cox? When can we offer a pro deal?
Offering contracts is the easy bit. Getting them to sign it is the most difficult bit especially when other clubs are interested.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to take all the credit for this cos I only started watching when we were 3-1 down 😂

It was incredible to watch. Every City player looked like a proper footballer. Massive congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Oldsmobile-88