• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ed James

tom_ecfc

So all very baffling. Announced on Saturday officially by both ECFC and Weston super Mare that he's joined W-s-M on loan for the season

But didn't play for Weston on Saturday, nor in their game last night. Then played for City last night as a 60th minute sub.

Anyone know what is going on?
I’m guessing with Caprice gone the subs equation of having so many players playing 30mins/60mins etc would have left us 1 short. So James had to come back in to balance that.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has joined Dorchester on loan.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has joined Dorchester on loan.
has had to drop a level back to the 7th tier - level with Tivvy - after not being able to nail down a starting spot at Weston super Mare. His fourth (!) loan I think. Very important experience. Has gone alongside Pedro Borges. I'd like to think these two can make a real impact at this level and help them move away from the relegation battle that Dorchester are currently engaged in.

ryancooper327

1 year extension!

Simba3011

I'm guessing this confirms all the first year pros are on two year deals then

ryancooper327

One in, one out? Diabate…?

Rosencrantz

Hopefully will get to see Ed play tonight as Dorchester are at Tivvy (fifth time lucky to get the game on!). Interesting move to extend his deal over a year before it runs out, shows a great confidence in him. Might we see some more in the next few days?

andrew p long

Wow! I hadn't realised that Ed James was already contracted for next year and to have him under contract until 2026 shows real faith/optimism in his prospects.

The other thing I hadn't realised was the amazing run Dorchester and Ed have been on. 11 games unbeaten, W8 D3 L0. Ed James has played every minute of those 11 games. He'll be top of many National League South sides wish lists for a loan next season. No wonder we want to tie him down for the next 2 years.

Rosencrantz

Wow! I hadn't realised that Ed James was already contracted for next year and to have him under contract until 2026 shows real faith/optimism in his prospects.

The other thing I hadn't realised was the amazing run Dorchester and Ed have been on. 11 games unbeaten, W8 D3 L0. Ed James has played every minute of those 11 games. He'll be top of many National League South sides wish lists for a loan next season. No wonder we want to tie him down for the next 2 years.
Yep, Tivvy's run of games recently have seen them play 2nd, 4th, Champions and now the most in form team in the division. Tough run when you are fighting relegation. Really looking forward to Ed v Joe O'Connor tonight.

andrew p long

One in, one out? Diabate…?
Not necessarily. At exactly the same stage of their careers /age Cheikh spent the first half of the next season on loan at Truro because he wasn't ready for City's first team *in League Two*.

PS but it would be good to hear of new contracts signed by Diabate and Lee.