• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ed James

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
More chance of Jevani starting, James is nowhere near ready to start League One matches yet.
I and others would beg to differ.

denzel

He's already had league experience, and who thought that Chieck would be ready last January?

Exehausted

I and others would beg to differ.
I'm sure it will be Grounds next week at Cheltenham. Alfie May is a good striker at this level and it could set Ed back if he got turned over by him. As a sub yes, but Grounds would start for me.

DawlishBouy

Bridgy 81

What with our (as always) limited resources and extensive additions required to our midfield and to a lesser extent upfront, I wonder whether after we’ve secured another keeper and right back we may leave the defence there?
If so, that’d mean Ed being our fifth choice in the central back three.
I haven’t seen much of him play but he seems a strapping build and hopefully ready for more first team time soon.
I’d be inclined to give him that slot in the squad to enable us to make more signings further forward.

andrew p long

On one of the videos yesterday there seemed to be immense praise for him for something he's done in preparation for this season. Anyone know what that was?

Re Bridgy's suggestion of new signing priorities being elsewhere I too wondered whether we might not add another central defender even after Grounds has departed. However, two things against that. First it would leave us with four central defenders for 3 places - last season, just after the transfer window closed , both Stubbs and Diabate went down with lengthy injurie, leaving us stymied for central defenders, leaking goals and playing other (Josh Key!) outfox position there instead. If that happened to Aimson and Hartridge this season we'd be in big trouble (Sweeney,James and ANOther for central defence).

The second reason is that Ed James needs to play (and play lots). Signing no new central defenders means he can't be loaned out but would start the season on the bench instead.

tom_ecfc

On one of the videos yesterday there seemed to be immense praise for him for something he's done in preparation for this season. Anyone know what that was?
I think John Pitts was referring to James Scott as apposed to Ed James and Scott’s (unconfirmed) fitness/weight loss?

Grecianpasty

I can see Ed being one of those players who will be monitored by yeovil, torquay or Taunton for a loan deal.

Bridgy 81

I can see Ed being one of those players who will be monitored by yeovil, torquay or Taunton for a loan deal.
Yes, if we do loan him out I suppose Taunton may be interested as they have a central defensive vacancy now Wannell has gone from them to Yeovil.

andrew p long

So all very baffling. Announced on Saturday officially by both ECFC and Weston super Mare that he's joined W-s-M on loan for the season

But didn't play for Weston on Saturday, nor in their game last night. Then played for City last night as a 60th minute sub.

Anyone know what is going on?