• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree with TPC and others. Harley needs to be played centrally not on the left. Still has the ability to contribute at League 2 level IMO. He has always had a tendency to go missing/appear not to be interested from time to time.

Can The Cheese get enough of a tune out of him ?

Red Devon

he would have been better putting Holmes on..
Holmes can't quite be 100% he surely would have started else.

grecIAN Harris

If he was fit enough to be on the bench then he was fit enough to come on instead of Harley to play on the left.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Liam McAlinden moving up the pecking order Holmes is going to struggle to get much game time when you have Reid and Wheeler as well.

I like Holmes however you cannot play everyone.

grecIAN Harris

With Liam McAlinden moving up the pecking order Holmes is going to struggle to get much game time when you have Reid and Wheeler as well.

I like Holmes however you cannot play everyone.
They are two very different players. McAlinden is a striker being asked to play wide as part of a front three today but still get his arse in the box to score goals. Holmes is a proper winger and gets chalk on his boots who wouldn't have been near as effective in the at positon in that formation as he would be playing wide in a 4-4-2 formation.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are two very different players. McAlinden is a striker being asked to play wide as part of a front three today but still get his arse in the box to score goals. Holmes is a proper winger and gets chalk on his boots who wouldn't have been near as effective in the at positon in that formation as he would be playing wide in a 4-4-2 formation.
Tisdale rarely does 4 4 2, he likes the 4 - 5 - 1 or 4 - 3 - 3.

If McAlinden and Reid play I don't see Tisdale playing Holmes much.

Where does Moxey fit in ??

Last edited:

PeteUSA

What was todays attendance? Did Cambridge fans fill the 'sold out' block in the Flybe?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was todays attendance? Did Cambridge fans fill the 'sold out' block in the Flybe?
Come on man, a 2 year old could find out what the attendance was today !!

rifraf

Just under 4.3K I believe. Cambridge brought mid 300s wiyh them....... quite a few seats remaining in their block.

Alistair20000

Cut Pate some slack TPC. It cannot be easy living under Trump.

4,282 Pate.