• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

JGrecian23

I'd say Caldwell was pretty much on the mark in his interview on Radio Devon. We weren't clinical enough in the first half when we were in control of the game and didn't react to the way Fleetwood came out in the second half. I thought we were too naive in the second half and should have done more to break the flow of the game up to put the brakes on Fleetwood instead we tried to deal with them in the flow of their game and were pretty poor in doing so.
Caldwell could say we play in green and white and are in Cornwall and you'd agree with him.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.
It's absolutely fanciful to suggest that we will play into midfield quicker with Aimson there just as it was that all we need is a striker and the system will be complete. The tempo, the keeping of the ball is not accidental, it's the way he wants us to play.

Not only is it how he wants us to play it's seemingly the only way he wants to play.

Bat Fastard

Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.
The other day it was our lack of striker why were so shit, now it’s cheicks inability to play the ball…make your mind up chap

Trampus

What toxicity? A few boos when Aimson came on (although they were for the players going off rather than Aimson coming on) and a few at the end is hardly toxic, especially with our soft as sh*te fans. No-one gets as easy a ride as they do at SJP.
Toxicity is aimed at the management and coaching staff, the players after all are just doing what they are encouraged to do. I watch league 1 teams all season and ECFC is the only one that is predictably poor at home despite having players who are capable of playing at this level. For goodness sake get a management team capable of supporting a league 1 operation.

Red & White

Two really really tough games coming up where you'd probably take a point. This was a really big chance to open up a gap wasted.
Just watch us now go and get 6 points, having blown the opportunity to do so against Lincoln and Fleetwood!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got tickets for Bolton at home and Cheltenham away. Why on earth have I wasted my money?
Because it's a far better afternoon out than going with 'er indoors to the garden centre.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
At Half-time I was thinking to myself we might be winning but as usual it was pretty turgid. Fleetwood put absolutely no pressure on our back three, Stockley was strolling about. It was so easy.

Second half, four changes, bit of pressure on us. We couldn't cope. Lucky to come away with a point tbh.

Bizarre to continue with the withdrawal of Eisa when they scored. We needed a winner and he takes off our only experienced number 9. Ridiculous.

Has anyone ever seen Niskanen beat the first defender with a cross? Ever? Anyone?

grecIAN Harris

I watched Cheik more closely today in the first 20 minutes. There were at least two occasions when Carroll got visibly frustrated with him because he chose not to play a fairly easy forward pass (not necessarily to Carroll) and went sideways to Jules instead. It was also noticeable that Carroll came back and took the ball off him in a deeper area on a couple of occasions. Funnily enough though, Carroll then had no out ball himself.
I've said about bravery on the ball before and the amount of times in the first half when Cole was fining himself in yards of space on the halfway line and it's with Chieck and you just know it's not going but maybe Aimson would have the ability to have seen him and maybe take the chance of playing an early pass is an example of what I'm on about.

Edna Clouds

Not impressed with Harris or Eisa and not sure why Harris seems to start and finish most matches. The team played poorly for most of the second half and why not bring on Rankine? Fleetwood were a bunch of big cloggers so get some trickery and pace on. I'll get flack for this but the crowd were also rubbish, it was far too quiet.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Diabate is a good league 1 centre half who does the basics well i don’t care if he can play a 70 yard diagonal pass thats not his bloody job.

He heads it and clears it and is big enough and quick enough to compete.

Anyone who thinks he’s an issue is in cloud cuckoo land as he’s arguably been our best player this season IMO.

our build up play is slow, predictable our over passing of the ball and playing in areas which don’t hurt the opposition is as obvious as it can be to any team to work out within minutes.

We’ve made Fleetwood look like Man City home and away and their an awful football team.

Last edited: