• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Trampus

How much more do we have to tolerate? Apart from a few of the players, there is little to support and they still take their wages despite the paucity of their performances . As for the management and so called coaches, there is nothing to be said apart from absolute derision. For goodness sake shake things up before none of us want to venture to SJP ever again.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
His distribution isn't an issue though? Plays it simple which is better than an aimless lump up top
Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.

Mr Jinx

How much more do we have to tolerate?
As long as GC is in charge.

A pattern has emerged: A purple patch of 4/5/6 games, followed by 3 months of dross.

It doesn't need to be this way.

crocks

I've got tickets for Bolton at home and Cheltenham away. Why on earth have I wasted my money?

TotnesGrecian

Take the opportunity to put the ball into the right areas at the risk of losing possession instead of turning out to maintain possession.
Ah right, instead of passing it around the back line and back to sinisalo yeah?

dontpassback

Nice one Gary glad you were watching the same as me. Shame you did **** all about it you melt.
Game was crying out for rankines pace !

JGrecian23

I've got tickets for Bolton at home and Cheltenham away. Why on earth have I wasted my money?
Cheltenham away on Easter Monday would normally be a no-brainer but no chance would I waste my money on that right now.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.
I watched Cheik more closely today in the first 20 minutes. There were at least two occasions when Carroll got visibly frustrated with him because he chose not to play a fairly easy forward pass (not necessarily to Carroll) and went sideways to Jules instead. It was also noticeable that Carroll came back and took the ball off him in a deeper area on a couple of occasions. Funnily enough though, Carroll then had no out ball himself.

grecIAN Harris

I'd say Caldwell was pretty much on the mark in his interview on Radio Devon. We weren't clinical enough in the first half when we were in control of the game and didn't react to the way Fleetwood came out in the second half. I thought we were too naive in the second half and should have done more to break the flow of the game up to put the brakes on Fleetwood instead we tried to deal with them in the flow of their game and were pretty poor in doing so.

ECFC-GC

Game was crying out for rankines pace !
Absolute dross, the worst spectacle in many years of watching!