• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doh! Even Torquay's New Ground is better than our redevelopment

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we can buy Bristow's Bench and their away end on the cheap and re-erect them at SJP !

Heysham Mike

Next to the Crematorium I note!!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least we will have a club to watch play in our ground though. The way torquay is heading they may have to rent their ground to us for training.

DanceMagnet

Just highlights the lack of imagination by the club board. We should have been lobbying the council for years.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not explained very clearly how this would work. Where would the developer build, Plainmoor or elsewhere? Is Plainmoor potentially very valuable - valuable enough to be able to finance another new stadium with the developer also having to buy the freehold of Plainmoor? I remember Mike Bateson telling me that he tried to buy the freehold from the Council but got no immediate joy, so didn't pursue it any further.

At least Torquay would own the freehold of the new ground.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least Torquay would own the freehold of the new ground.
Would they?

The article doesn't really explain how it would work. Would Torquay would end up renting it from the American developers? Apparently it's at 'no cost' to them. Seems too good to be true.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where would the developer build, Plainmoor or elsewhere?.
From the article it appears they're looking elsewhere..."the new plans would involve other land in Torbay for a new residential development being found for the stadium builders."

All appears too good to be true.

AlanDevlin

I just have one word to say..... MATFORD.....

Move on...

I just have one word to say..... MATFORD.....

Move on...
Surely not advocating a ground-share are we?