• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Director of football

Andy Holloway

Perryman could also have had a 'better' job elsewhere, and I doubt Peter Reid needed whatever Argyle offered him at the time to manage them. The point is, some people are willing to accept a little less if it's to help an old side out.
But SP was already living just down the road in Lympstone village, hardly the same could be said for HR, he lives - 'slums it' - in Sandbanks, you must know it, it's the Burnthouse Lane of Bournemouth/Poole!!!
Accepting a 'little less' is not in the vocabulary of HR, he can't even spell 'LESS' let alone know what it means!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
HR, he lives - 'slums it' - in Sandbanks, you must know it, it's the Burnthouse Lane of Bournemouth/Poole!!!
Crews on the Poole Harbour ferries used to tell passengers, "Harry Redknapp lives in that one!"

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
But SP was already living just down the road in Lympstone village, hardly the same could be said for HR, he lives - 'slums it' - in Sandbanks, you must know it, it's the Burnthouse Lane of Bournemouth/Poole!!!
Accepting a 'little less' is not in the vocabulary of HR, he can't even spell 'LESS' let alone know what it means!
I presume you've met the man to be able to make the judgement? In my experience, he IS a man who would help a younger club manager without necessarily burdening with extra cost. It's very easy to just accept the East End wideboy perception.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't want Harry Redkanpp anywhere near ECFC, the guy burns cash for a pastime.

He played a fairly big part in the demise of Portsmouth FC however very few people seem to acknowledge that.

We don't need a D O F, Taylor bought in an experienced assistant manager and he seems very content with his backroom staff.

A D O F would be an unnecessary use of our resources now.

Last edited:

malcolms

I wouldn't want Harry Redkanpp anywhere near ECFC, the guy burns cash for a pastime.

He played a fairly big part in the demise of Portsmouth FC however very few people seem to acknowledge that.
Most managers will gladly spend every pound thrown their way by profligate owners

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most managers will gladly spend every pound thrown their way by profligate owners
Yes but some spend it better than others.

Temporarily Exiled

Yes but some spend it better than others.
They got European football and won an FA Cup. That's not a bad return.

malcolms

We don't need a D O F, Taylor bought in an experienced assistant manager and he seems very content with his backroom staff.

A D O F would be an unnecessary use of our resources now.
I agree with you, there is no earthly need for a DOF...There wasn't when SP was doing it and there isn't now

Andy Holloway

I presume you've met the man to be able to make the judgement? In my experience, he IS a man who would help a younger club manager without necessarily burdening with extra cost. It's very easy to just accept the East End wideboy perception.
Hmm, how about his tax evasion history as well?

malcolms

Hmm, how about his tax evasion history as well?
I'd be careful Andy...whatever you choose to believe, he was cleared of tax evasion....