• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Director of football

Boyo

Not directly connected, but nevertheless relevant in the context of adding cost. In his twitter spat with Gary Neville, the Chairman of Accrington released the information that his club's playing budget for their first season in Division One is under 1 million pounds. This puts into sharp relief the money we have been spending to achieve substantially less...
Credit to Accrington. However, their performance on a very low budget was very much an anomaly. Typically, league table finishing position does correlate with budget.

I would be amazed if we had the 4th highest budget last season, so arguably we overachieved.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their last accounts suggested (indirectly, of course) that he sloshed in over half a million last year.
With their crowds someone is going to have to put some cash in.

I don't consider that to be a huge amount anyway.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accy's league 2 budget has been as low as 500k in recent years.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
With their crowds someone is going to have to put some cash in.

I don't consider that to be a huge amount anyway.
Indeed. If they'd had to rely on their gate money alone (and remain within FFP rules) they'd have been totally "burgered" by now!!! ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps it might suit Harry Redknapp.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accy's league 2 budget has been as low as 500k in recent years.
They will also come back down very soon.

Avening Posse

I think it's about added value. If Matt and Julian Tagg are tied up with other things then another body with strong contacts who can liaise with bigger clubs to attract loan players or permanent signings, and generally sell the club as a progressive club, then sounds good to me ?

PeteUSA

Perhaps it might suit Harry Redknapp.
Perhaps it might not suit him? I cant believe some of the names that have been bandied about that might be interested doing a job for Exeter City. There's no way we could afford any of them, particularly Redknapp, Pardew, and McDermott. I suspect they still consider quite rightly that they can do better things in life. The same goes for Holloway, who some suggested might be a good manager for us; not a chance. He's still capable of doing better league wise. The only younger Premier League manager who proclaimed: "I dont mind getting me hands dirty" was Phil Brown, and god knows where he is after Southend.

Perhaps it might not suit him? I cant believe some of the names that have been bandied about that might be interested doing a job for Exeter City. There's no way we could afford any of them, particularly Redknapp, Pardew, and McDermott. I suspect they still consider quite rightly that they can do better things in life. The same goes for Holloway, who some suggested might be a good manager for us; not a chance. He's still capable of doing better league wise. The only younger Premier League manager who proclaimed: "I dont mind getting me hands dirty" was Phil Brown, and god knows where he is after Southend.
Wakey-Wakey Pete.....he's been at Swindon since March

Temporarily Exiled

Perryman could also have had a 'better' job elsewhere, and I doubt Peter Reid needed whatever Argyle offered him at the time to manage them. The point is, some people are willing to accept a little less if it's to help an old side out.