• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Development of established first team players

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
perhaps thinking aint your strongest point then.
One of my strong points is learning from mistakes and doing my best not to repeat them, only an idiot continues to repeat their mistakes.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
maybe he'll have a change in mind set, introduce a lets not lose attidude as opposed to lets go out to win. boring **** defensive footie aka luton but hey given where we are i dont suppose you can have it all ways.
You don't go to many home games do you ?? You couldn't get a more negative, defensive, dull approach than we have at home.

Anyway I'm wasting my time here so off to bed I go.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that resigning TAH when it's known his knees are shot was idiotic I think that continuing to play Matt Oakley when he is past it is idiotic. I think that continually trying to force midfielders or centre backs to play as fullbacks is idiotic.

Most of all, though, playing the same way at home all the time and expecting things to change is idiotic. Einstein had a theory on that one.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html
regarding troy's injuries , hindsight is a wonderful thing,and you know for certain he's not on a per game deal? and from what i've heard oakley has done a reasonable job for the last couple of games late on settling things down, and when there's little or no other options than changing players positions is normal its just part of footie.< FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, for eg saw sol campbell have a run of games a center forward for spurs,, and we didnt moan to much when tis pushed edwards forward when he was to slow on the turn to play c/b, or seaborne at left bac,,

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyway I'm wasting my time here so off to bed I go.
no , like many on here the only thing your wasting your time doing is coming out with stupid nonsence arguements

Ex-ciderrr

Saw a post from someone on twitter a couple of days ago similar to posts on this thread in saying that "wheeler had gone backwards under 'tis"

personally I don't think he has, at this moment in time he probably needs to be taken out the side for a couple of games, other than the assist which was great at Orient he hasn't really done much and he's abit out of sorts for me, weather personal reasons are still effecting him or what not I don't know, but just not looked himself. A fresh Grant or Stacey in his role would be ideal we would miss wheelers height but grant and Stacey for me are both better crossers so can bring their attributes into the side. Wheeler still would be a good impact off the bench for a few games - rather have him coming on than Simpson to be honest.

But to saying he's gone backwards under tis is strange given that we've only ever seen him play for City under tis, I feel he's made more positives in terms of development than negatives (Apologies for those that saw him play during his Staines days.)

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah think its circumstances rather than down to tis , blaming tis for wheelers situ is just plain nonsence

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
maybe he'll have a change in mind set, introduce a lets not lose attidude as opposed to lets go out to win. boring **** defensive footie aka luton but hey given where we are i dont suppose you can have it all ways.
I am going to call you out on this one 007 and suggest that at home, the team is already set up not to lose, rather than going all out for the win.

LL

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
regarding troy's injuries , hindsight is a wonderful thing,and you know for certain he's not on a per game deal? and from what i've heard oakley has done a reasonable job for the last couple of games late on settling things down, and when there's little or no other options than changing players positions is normal its just part of footie.< FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, for eg saw sol campbell have a run of games a center forward for spurs,, and we didnt moan to much when tis pushed edwards forward when he was to slow on the turn to play c/b, or seaborne at left bac,,
Hindsight? What are you talking about? Do you know what the word means? TAH has a terrible injury record. It's a shame, but it was totally predictable that he would continue to have problems at City. If you're gonna defend Tizzer at least try to use a decent argument.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hindsight? What are you talking about? Do you know what the word means? TAH has a terrible injury record. It's a shame, but it was totally predictable that he would continue to have problems at City. If you're gonna defend Tizzer at least try to use a decent argument.
Player who has played about ten games per season over five years in injury shocker. 007 will find a reason to excuse Tisdale for practically anything, he obviously believes all of the excuses and sadly isn't alone in that.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Well he hasn't in 5 years so I wouldn't hold your breath