• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Development of established first team players

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Shame Wheeler hasn't kicked on - very good player.

Well-known Exeweb poster
As regards David Wheeler, he has not really been the same since his personal difficulties. I hope he has not been actively discouraged from using his pace and power.
add a couple of mid length injuries a disrupted pre season didnt he have an operation? and you've probably got a clearer pictiure . And discouraged from using his pace and power,, cant see that happening in a million years.Maybe being more selective when to use and not to use yes sounds reasonable, but not to use at all, sounds idiotic, tis maybe many things but idiotic aint one of them

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
tis maybe many things but idiotic aint one of them
Thanks, I will be able to laugh myself to sleep in a bit.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched Wheeler closely on Saturday and in the first five minutes he had a chance to knock the ball past his full back and see if he had the beating of him. He cut inside and passed it square. .
still feeling the effect of his recent injuries? seem to remember, when your still carrying a niggle that slight doubt its gonna happen again or maybe has taken the edge of your pace and you aint gonna beat the guy, the get out ball comes to the fore , takes time to lose that issue in your head,, how many games bac now 4 maybe 5 ? everybody has their own peramiters but for him seems it still aint long enuf

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks, I will be able to laugh myself to sleep in a bit.
enlighten us, you think he's a idiot?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
enlighten us, you think he's a idiot?
I think he does a lot of things an idiot would.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
He's a nice chap, and I have a lot of time for him as a person, but I have no faith in him to address the continuous alarming issue of the unacceptable home form. We desperately need fresh eyes IMO.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he does a lot of things an idiot would.
perhaps thinking aint your strongest point then.

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a nice chap, and I have a lot of time for him as a person, but I have no faith in him to address the continuous alarming issue of the unacceptable home form. We desperately need fresh eyes IMO.

maybe he'll have a change in mind set, introduce a lets not lose attidude as opposed to lets go out to win. boring **** defensive footie aka luton but hey given where we are i dont suppose you can have it all ways.

DanceMagnet

perhaps thinking aint your strongest point then.
I think that resigning TAH when it's known his knees are shot was idiotic I think that continuing to play Matt Oakley when he is past it is idiotic. I think that continually trying to force midfielders or centre backs to play as fullbacks is idiotic.

Most of all, though, playing the same way at home all the time and expecting things to change is idiotic. Einstein had a theory on that one.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

Last edited: