• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really LOG. Personal opinion.
Same thing seeing as it isn't based on anything factual.

grecIAN Harris

Whatever. You and Moxey go and live in your black and white world where everything is cut and dried nice and simply for you.

Antony Moxey

Hahahaha - you're such a tool at times Harris. Those times being every time one of your arguments is ripped to shreds, as they often are. Go figure, but you've played the game, eh?

Bittners a Legend

Right. So in other words you're saying he wouldn't try as hard for any future employers. Yes I see, I've got you so very, very wrong haven't I?
That's kinda manipulating what he's saying. Deano's passion for City is unlikely to be repeated at other clubs. Such a passion takes you to extra lengths you simply can't be expected to reach normally. However, it is arguable such a passion can be developed over time, in fact I think its clear Tisdale wants to do this with players he brings to the club - the whole community, understand the club ethic.

Regarding Deano's ability - He's not as good as Friend, but I could see him playing League 1 football, hopefully with us.

Phil Sayers

Personally I think he is a good player and could easily play in L1 but agree that he does not have the same potential as Friend. I think he is a crowd favourite for two main reasons:

1. He is clearly proud to play for his local club.

2. He has a lot of tricks to deploy and very rarely c*cks them up.

I'm not sure whether playing for City brings out the best of him or not. It's possible but I think it is more likely that it is Tisdale doing that. If anything he stagnated under AI.

Antony Moxey

That's kinda manipulating what he's saying.
No it isn't. Passion, schmassion, you either try to perform to the best of your ability for your employer or you dont. And yes, it is that simple, rather like those trying to argue otherwise.

fred binneys head

I think to take our red and white shirt of his back is akin to Samson having his hair cut.
I don't. Personal opinion.

LOG

I don't. Personal opinion.
Facts only on this thread please.

Bittners a Legend

No it isn't. Passion, schmassion, you either try to perform to the best of your ability for your employer or you dont.
Depends whether or not Deano simply views playing football for Exeter City as a 'job'. Perhaps he does but I'd argue he has at least some affection for the club and that might further spur him on. I'm sure he would always try his hardest no matter what club he plays for, I also think its possible he may have the ability to dig deeper for a club he has grown up with.

Then again I do remember him saying he supported Man United as a boy ... :D

And yes, it is that simple, rather like those trying to argue otherwise.
Ooo get you.

Facts only on this thread please.
:D

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

That's kinda manipulating what he's saying. Deano's passion for City is unlikely to be repeated at other clubs. Such a passion takes you to extra lengths you simply can't be expected to reach normally.
The my point exactly but then you couldn't expect somebody as souless as Moxey to understand that. Deano will always give 100% no matter who he plays for it's just that whilst he's at City we'll always see him give 110%.