• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also, as a young "boy-chap" didn't Larry also (arguably) made a "certain contribution" a few years back, without which we almost certainly would be where we are now?......if, indeed, HERE AT ALL??

Feel free to discuss

DEAN MOXEY - Grecian Legend - FOREVER!! :D
Didn't Flacky score in that game as well?

City legend?

ronniej

Didn't Flacky score in that game as well?

City legend?
Some of the staff wanted him to do a comedy slot at this years players party.but they changed their minds when they realised he would not be able to stay on his feet for very long.

Kingsman

Not sure if you're fishing or not Creds but in answer to your statement, not a chance. As a defender he's not a versatile as George, isn't as strong in the tackle as George and is nowhere near as good in the air. As a wide midfielder his delivery isn't all that for the sort of money you're talking and all round he lacks concentration.
His energy, enthusiam and love of City make a lot of people believe he something that he isn't. Take a City shirt off his back, put somebody elses on and then see what you think of him. He's a decent player for City because it's City. Anywhere else and I don't think he'd be anything more than above average.
Just as a matter of interest is there anybody in the City team that comes up to your expectations???

grecIAN Harris

The thing with Deano is that he plays for City like anyone of us would do if we had the ability. He plays with a love and passion because City is his club. It's been part of his make up since he was kid. No other player in the first team squad has this as part of their make up. It's what sets Deano apart from the rest of squad and why he is such a crowd favourite. I believe this pride and passion means he plays above his ability and also this pride and passion fools the City following into thinking that he is a better player than he is. I think to take our red and white shirt of his back is akin to Samson having his hair cut. He'd never be the same until it went back on again.
Like I said, for us he is a decent player and an asset but I'm not sure he'd be the same anywhere else.

Last edited:

COOMO

The thing with Deano is that he plays for City like anyone of us would do if we had the ability. He plays with a love and passion because City is his club. It's been part of his make up since he was kid. No other player in the first team squad has this as part of their make up. It's what sets Deano apart from the rest of squad and why he is such a crowd favourite. I believe this pride and passion means he plays above his ability and also this pride and passion fools the City following into thinking that he is a better player than he is. I think to take our red and white shirt of his back is akin to Samson having his hair cut. He'd never be the same until it went back on again.
Like I said, for us he is a decent player and an asset but I'm not sure he'd be the same anywhere else.
That to me me sounds like one of if not the best statements i have ever heard on this site. Spot on

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

That to me me sounds like one of if not the best statements i have ever heard on this site. Spot on
Sounds to me like a bit of a slur on Deano to suggest he wouldn't try as hard for any potential future employers.

grecIAN Harris

Sounds to me like a bit of a slur on Deano to suggest he wouldn't try as hard for any potential future employers.
And once again you get me so very, very wrong Antony. Because the lad bleeds City means he gives that little extra that every other player at the club quite simply couldn't even if they wanted to because none of them have that special affinity. You take our shirt off his back and put anybody elses on he'd lose that special extra bit. It doesn't mean to say that he wouldn't give his all but there will always be that little bit more playing for City can get out of him that no other club could simply because.

LOG

And once again you get me so very, very wrong Antony. Because the lad bleeds City means he gives that little extra that every other player at the club quite simply couldn't even if they wanted to because none of them have that special affinity. You take our shirt off his back and put anybody elses on he'd lose that special extra bit. It doesn't mean to say that he wouldn't give his all but there will always be that little bit more playing for City can get out of him that no other club could simply because.
Speculation.

Antony Moxey

And once again you get me so very, very wrong Antony. Because the lad bleeds City means he gives that little extra
Right. So in other words you're saying he wouldn't try as hard for any future employers. Yes I see, I've got you so very, very wrong haven't I?

grecIAN Harris

Not really LOG. Personal opinion.