• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I heard Brook say in an interview after play that it wasn't the kind of pitch you could just go in and whack it on. At 184no off of 169 balls, that's a good line in passive ego 😂. Seriously you could see his point, that was the greenest pitch I have seen in international cricket to the point that you could hardly distinguish it from the outfield at the start of play. His stats at the moment are astonishing and cannot stay that way, but what a talent he is.

Alistair20000

80-5 with a daft run out of Brook.

NZ in the ascendancy

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
All results still possible - just

andrew p long

anyone staying up to watch this through to the end?

(no me neither, but... I'll record it and watch 'as live' tomorrow morning)

Alistair20000

anyone staying up to watch this through to the end?

(no me neither, but... I'll record it and watch 'as live' tomorrow morning)
I did and what a fantastic test match (y)

Ex-ciderrr

Good god That’s test cricket at its finest, what a great couple of matches and a particularly thrilling end to this one!

Alistair20000

A tie would have been fair. The penultimate ball should have been called a wide.

Some indisciplined NZ bowling at the end with wides, not making Jack Leach play a shot and a really dopey no ball with too many fielders behind square on the leg side.

At 80/5 England looked cooked but a brilliant stand by Root and a very patient Ben Stokes turned it right round. Then they departed in rapid succession leaving NZ favourites. Next the stubborn Leach dug in while Foakes smashed boundaries and it was now England’s game to lose until Foakes took one chance too many and was well caught. Jack and Jimmy an unlikely pair to get us over the line but Jimmy’s smashed 4 changed the dynamic yet agpain……..until he tickled one going down leg to the keeper.

One up the derrière for the wretched Hundred.

andrew p long

I did and what a fantastic test match (y)
just finished watching it having got up at 7 to do so.....avoided all sources of information.

One of the greatest ever test matches.

(As Al says should have been a tie,which would have been a better result in the circumstances. Now if the third umpire was checking for no balls at both the bowler and batsman's end!)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simply that is why Test Cricket is the best form of this game - dont meddle with cricket
Brilliant

Ex-ciderrr

T20 vs Bangladesh just started, (live stream via sign up on the ECB App) great to see Archer back.