• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Ex-ciderrr

Job done relatively early this morning to secure the 1st test.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching and we did play well.

Test cricket over every other format any day of the week, roll on Thursday.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Job done relatively early this morning to secure the 1st test.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching and we did play well.

Test cricket over every other format any day of the week, roll on Thursday.
Test cricket but not as many know it 🙂. As long as the wins keep coming it will keep criticism levels down but I think there are a few around waiting to go "I told you so" if some defeats come. I was watching at "tea" on day three with England six down and the lead around 250 with Foakes and Stokes at the crease, David Gower saying that England will be worrying about the next hour and the possibility of being skittled. Alistair Cook rightly said that was traditional thinking but this England side would be looking at the next 45 minutes as an opportunity of cementing the game and will be excited rather than worried.

It is exciting and imaginative cricket that England are playing, also team cricket with little thought for personal honours. There were a few centuries left out there in this Test match but no batsman played for one at the detriment of the plan to be bowling at New Zealand with the new ball under lights. It might not always work but it is great to watch.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great Test to watch; would have been a classic if NZ had got close in the 4th innings to England's total.

Managed to watch most of the action without knowing the score; record the whole day's play overnight and then watch it (boring bits on fast forward) before switching on radio/tv/computer/social media.

Would have loved to be at Mount Maanganui, what a venue, atmosphere and setting! Pity about the 27 hours flight time (plus 2 stops) the cyclone, flooding.power cuts, cost of getting there and the fact that I wouldn't have been well enough to fly out on time. If it hadn't been for those minor issues I might have been there..

Ex-ciderrr

2nd test vs New Zealand gets underway this evening 10pm GMT, hoping to catch a couple of hours before bed.

Unchanged squad, come on England.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen sign Kiwi bowler Matt Henry.

Ex-ciderrr

NZ win the toss and elected to field to start the 2nd test.

Hoping to keep my eyes open for an hour or so of the morning session

Ex-ciderrr

Not a great start, we lose 2 wickets in the 1st 6 overs, Crawley and pope.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Small recovery in operation 53 for 3

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Small recovery in operation 53 for 3
Little did I know when I posted this that the small recovery turned into an unbelievable recovery - 294 Unbeaten partnership
Harry Brook is something else and Root back on form - Looking Rosey for England

Ex-ciderrr

Some going Harry Brook and Joe Root, phenomenal recovery after those early wickets in the morning session