• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Outplayed in the second innings, and well beaten. Hope our upper order manage to pick up a few tips from the lad Bracey.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Outplayed in the second innings, and well beaten. Hope our upper order manage to pick up a few tips from the lad Bracey.
What upper order ? They have been virtually non existent in both matches so far ! :(

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I was 3 runs out at Chelmsford... Bleedin' Harmer.

Surrey struggling on the Oval featherbed. A serious collapse needed, or some inspired bowling. Neither looks likely.

sign of the chimes

I also see Cricinfo now refers to “Batters”
Have you seen the article about the Cricinfo decision? I have to say, as someone who had previously struggled with the term, it seemed well argued and actually shifted my opinion somewhat.

Colesman Ballz

What upper order ? They have been virtually non existent in both matches so far ! :(
Not much improvement today as Cidermen reduced to 39/3 in reply to Leicester. Lammonby did at least avoid another duck, and survive 10 balls for his 8 runs. :(

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not much improvement today as Cidermen reduced to 39/3 in reply to Leicester. Lammonby did at least avoid another duck, and survive 10 balls for his 8 runs. :(
The top order misfiring again, and also disappointing to see Leics get to 230, after we had them in some trouble. They'll be pleased to have turned it around.

Alistair20000

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Group 2, another wretched Surrey batting “performance” in the London derby.

Some impressive bowling figures from the often walking sick note Reece Topley. No Jamie Overton and ancient monument Rikki Clarke playing. Curious unless Jamie is injured.

At the Ageas the first day has followed the Middlesex game with a very slow Hampshire start on a sluggish pitch but this time Alsop and Holland have each posted centuries. Hampshire will look to bat for at least a couple of sessions tomorrow and post 500 plus.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie not injured Al. Yet another baffling selection and as you describe, another wretched performance. Expect Middlesex to pile the runs on today and the game to be over soon after tea tomorrow

Alistair20000

Jamie not injured Al. Yet another baffling selection and as you describe, another wretched performance. Expect Middlesex to pile the runs on today and the game to be over soon after tea tomorrow
I would have put money on Jamie not playing due to injury rather than a selection choice. As you say, baffling.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
110 for 4. Good start today, but Jack just out for 26.