Cricket 2020

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose you could nearly get away with a loose form of social distancing at cricket matches the fielding team could certainly set up that way...do away with first and second slip positions you could then have a third slip but no fourth.. forward short leg would also be not permitted and the umpire at the bowlers end would also cause a problem...just an idea anyway.
Keeper cannot stand up to the stumps then :(

RedPaul

I suppose you could nearly get away with a loose form of social distancing at cricket matches the fielding team could certainly set up that way...do away with first and second slip positions you could then have a third slip but no fourth.. forward short leg would also be not permitted and the umpire at the bowlers end would also cause a problem...just an idea anyway.
Rather inhibits Somerset's 'Cyderbad' approach to cricket not having close fielders :)

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keeper cannot stand up to the stumps then :(
Or maybe have some kind of high chair for the umpire Tennis style...would make a fun format for a charity fundraising match once this desperate state of affairs is all over.

Legohead

Was hoping to see my Yorkshire in action against Derbyshire in a few months but sadly that's done for.

Legohead

Just thinking to myself that although i'm not a huge fan of cricket which is odd as i'm a Yorkshireman, I've been to a few cricket matches mainly involving Derbyshire which is where I live and there is enough space to swing an aeroplane full of giraffes in some of these grounds for midweek county cricket games especially. This may be something I could look into going forward as the problems with social distancing will be non existent.

When cricket resumes obviously.

RedPaul

No professional cricket until at least July 1st.

Much easier to play cricket from a social distancing perspective than football...