• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose you could nearly get away with a loose form of social distancing at cricket matches the fielding team could certainly set up that way...do away with first and second slip positions you could then have a third slip but no fourth.. forward short leg would also be not permitted and the umpire at the bowlers end would also cause a problem...just an idea anyway.
Keeper cannot stand up to the stumps then :(

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose you could nearly get away with a loose form of social distancing at cricket matches the fielding team could certainly set up that way...do away with first and second slip positions you could then have a third slip but no fourth.. forward short leg would also be not permitted and the umpire at the bowlers end would also cause a problem...just an idea anyway.
Rather inhibits Somerset's 'Cyderbad' approach to cricket not having close fielders :)

Red Devon

Keeper cannot stand up to the stumps then :(
Or maybe have some kind of high chair for the umpire Tennis style...would make a fun format for a charity fundraising match once this desperate state of affairs is all over.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rather inhibits Somerset's 'Cyderbad' approach to cricket not having close fielders :)
We're already inhibited after that points deduction.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just appeared on the Somerset website.

Legohead

Banned
Was hoping to see my Yorkshire in action against Derbyshire in a few months but sadly that's done for.

LOG

Watched a good chunk of the re-run of the 2019 World Cup final yesterday.

I can confirm that the result was the same (y)

Legohead

Banned
Just thinking to myself that although i'm not a huge fan of cricket which is odd as i'm a Yorkshireman, I've been to a few cricket matches mainly involving Derbyshire which is where I live and there is enough space to swing an aeroplane full of giraffes in some of these grounds for midweek county cricket games especially. This may be something I could look into going forward as the problems with social distancing will be non existent.

When cricket resumes obviously.

fred binneys head

This may be something I could look into going forward as the problems with social distancing will be non existent
Not for the giraffes.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
No professional cricket until at least July 1st.

Much easier to play cricket from a social distancing perspective than football...