• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2014

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just thought that I would bring this thread back up to the top as the series between Sri Lanka and England starts tomorrow. I should be able to catch most of the series as I am not at College anymore. Sri Lanka are renowned for being better at one day cricket than they are at Test matches and so it should be a good series.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just thought that I would bring this thread back up to the top as the series between Sri Lanka and England starts tomorrow. I should be able to catch most of the series as I am not at College anymore. Sri Lanka are renowned for being better at one day cricket than they are at Test matches and so it should be a good series.
Can't see anything other than a home win here Greg, and this is a SL side just back from a walloping in India.

Terrible incident with Phil Hughes at the SCG, hope he makes a full recovery.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Terrible incident with Phil Hughes at the SCG, hope he makes a full recovery.
Still critical, poor lad.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such sad news about Philip Hughes RIP
This puts sport in perspective

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Terrible tragedy - really knocked me sideways this morning when I woke up to the news.

Just 25, and killed doing the thing he loves the most. I feel terrible also for the bowler.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Terrible tragedy - really knocked me sideways this morning when I woke up to the news.

Just 25, and killed doing the thing he loves the most. I feel terrible also for the bowler.
Amen. Not sure why it affected me so much, I can't claim any particular prior affinity to him but a terrible tragedy that really seemed to tug at something inside. As Simon Hughes so succinctly put it, a 1 in 10 million event. Philip Hughes was the 1.

Back on the pitch, another woeful display by England this morning.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amen. Not sure why it affected me so much, I can't claim any particular prior affinity to him but a terrible tragedy that really seemed to tug at something inside. As Simon Hughes so succinctly put it, a 1 in 10 million event. Philip Hughes was the 1.
Very well put RP; my feelings too. A piece in the paper yesterday also summed it up appropriately: "The game of cricket has retired hurt, with a broken heart."

RIP

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
nice to see the Australian rugby team paying there respects as well. tragic loss. england again putting in a shocking performance against slk

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
good win for England yesterday. considering the second outing

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame to hear that Craig Kieswetter will out of the for see able future but you can not take a risk with that sort of injury. in other news England are 12 for 1 in game v slk , i ll be relying on BBC for the community