• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Tavy I have already answered this in post #368 which I have repeated here , if you want to respond to what I have written it's helpful to read my posts first!!

"The pessimistic side of me is thinking the new variant (as alluded to in post #104) maybe already here and could spreading like wild-fire as there are absolutely no restrictions in place!!!

In answer to Tavy's point I would be looking at having a lockdown at some point over Xmas to act as a circuit breaker , perhaps adding 2 weeks onto the school holidays.

I would also be insisting on compulsory mask wearing, no large public gatherings,( including football matches!) reintroducing bubbles, introduce severe limits on foreign travel /quarantining anyone who arrives in the UK and i would be reintroducing an effective track & trace.

For me the first duty of the government is the safety of its citizens and this overrides in extreme occasions personal liberty. We are at war with this virus
if we are to win then we need everyone to give up some of their freedoms for the greater good".

You’ve still not given any numbers Suzi.
The points I have highlighted in bold are actions that should happen now , whatever the number of deaths/hospitalisations are.

I don't understand the logic of waiting until its too late to act. We made that mistake before.

The problem is with the Government's policy is that they have now put all their efforts into the vaccine and more or less given up trying to control the virus.

The vaccine doesn't do much to stop the spread of the virus and a virulent virus will always mutate.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s because you won’t be able to control the virus, the best you can do is mitigate its effects. It’s here to stay, we have to learn how to live with it.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I agree, but this may mean that we all need to adapt the way we live accordingly.

Antony Moxey

I get that, but lockdowns and travel restrictions aren’t the answer. Good personal hygiene and face coverings in crowded areas, especially indoors, will make a massive difference. Neither business, the government or the population in general cannot afford lockdowns every five minutes.

manc grecian

Next slide please

Alistair20000

Next slide please
Yep Glum and Glummer are back with Bunter in the middle

DB9

At least they're being proactive rather than reactive I guess.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Pathetic response by the Government today.
I get that, but lockdowns and travel restrictions aren’t the answer. Good personal hygiene and face coverings in crowded areas, especially indoors, will make a massive difference. Neither business, the government or the population in general cannot afford lockdowns every five minutes.
We have learnt from Covid that you have to go in quick and you have to go in hard. If we don't all the suffering & sacrifices everyone has made will count for nothing if we go back to square one. More action now means less pain later....

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Not sure if this is sarcasm?

tavyred

Time you hid yourself in the cupboard under the stairs Suzi. See you in the spring. 🙄