• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can understand why the big boys aren't too interested : 100k to win the bloody thing?
If it was 10 million would the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd etc be any more motivated, I very much doubt it, both sums are a drop in the ocean for these clubs.

GJW

What do Sky pay for showing live games in this cup? Probably more than you get for winning the round.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is an ideal game to rest Woodman and play Sparkes. But when it comes to Swindon on Saturday I bet Woodman plays.
But who then plays against Oldham? It's a big ask for a 37-year old who has only recently returned from injury to play back-to-back games and Deano will surely be needed at centre-half.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
But who then plays against Oldham? It's a big ask for a 37-year old who has only recently returned from injury to play back-to-back games and Deano will surely be needed at centre-half.
Kevin Nicholson. 😉

Rog H K

Last time we played in a league cup at St Andrews didn't it end 4-1 to Exeter?
Lightening tonight please @125/1:p

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, there is no prize money in the Carabao Cup until the SF. The SF losers get 25k. The Cup winners get 100k : the losers get 50k.
Gate money divided 45% per team.
Nice work by Carabao getting such cheap sponsorship, or am I missing something?
Not much to go for or excited about then , a non winner.Just got to avoid picking up injuries to key players.

PeteUSA

It makes me sick, the way this League Cup has been gradually devalued. I recall the wonderful night in 1960 when we played Manchester United at SJP in front of 16,000. Man U played their full first team, including the Legendary Harry Gregg in goal, and we managed a 1-1 draw. We got tonked 1-4 at OT in the replay, but it had still been a bit of a money spinner.

Colesman Ballz

Yep, there is no prize money in the Carabao Cup until the SF. The SF losers get 25k. The Cup winners get 100k : the losers get 50k.
Gate money divided 45% per team.
Nice work by Carabao getting such cheap sponsorship, or am I missing something?
Just all part of the shocking legacy of Shaun Harvey !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Exehausted

Blimey, A. Martin can't even get into the second string. I expect Brizzle City thought Cundy would start as well. Not surprised to see Sweeny and Collins there because they are young but I didn't think we'd see Deano.