• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The excitement can obviously be cut with a knife on the anticipation and expectation of this match.

An away day(evening) in Birmingham (despite the Title) and the possibility of playing a premiership 2nd or 3rd team await the winners of this tie.

A win is a win and will keep up our good start to the season. Come on you reds (although I think it will be yellow and purples (unless we have introduced our new third strip yet) 2-0 to the City (note I am not saying which but Johnny Maxted to play a blinder)

Does the trophy still have three handles to it?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we win we'll be very happy and if we don't we'll say who cares, it's just the EFL trophy.
Win - win.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If we win we'll be very happy and if we don't we'll say who cares, it's just the EFL trophy.
Win - win.
It's not the EFL Trophy. This is the League Cup.

Banksy

I suppose it would be nice to make some cash out of it whatever , so Come on you Reds , hammer ‘em.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah the EFL Trophy is the Leasing.com Trophy (formerly Check a trade trophy) where we can expect to play not the 2nd or 3rd teams of the premiershite but their U23's

IndoMike

It's not the EFL Trophy. This is the League Cup.
You know what I meant...: the League Cup

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is the actual trophy triple handled like the original one or is it green in the shape of a can after it's sponsor?

IndoMike

Surprise2 Talksport is featuring Salford v Leeds and contemplating which members of the Class of 92 will attend.

Leads

Well i'm looking forward to it at least! I reckon we will sneak it 2-1.

Corey

Good opportunity for some fringe players to break into the first team. Particularly hoping Jack Sparkes performs well today and is given a chance in the league.